1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao's difficulties; appreciating Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GMNot, May 24, 2011.

1. GMNot

GMNot Member

If this has been posted, I apologize. I couldn't find it in any recent threads. I just might have missed it.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/solomon/rockets/7574713.html

When I read this article I couldn't help feeling that some of the mental difficulty that Yao faces is also not knowing whether or not the Rockets really want him back. No one would want to feel they are viewed as "damaged goods." And surely he knew of the talk that he was being "shopped" before the trade deadline. He's seen McGrady and Battier traded. He knows his age. He knows his injury status.

And this is not to blame the Rockets. I just really feel for Yao. No other player has worked harder than he has to become what everyone in the Rocket's world wanted from the day he was drafted.

I want to be very careful and clear. I am not saying I think his career is over. My heart just aches for him. No real insights. This is more a thread to offer support and appreciation for Yao.

2. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I saw the title of this article in the chron.com. Since it is from JEROME SOLOMON's writing, so I just stop reading after first a few words.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Its hard to keep appreciating the guy when all he really does is offer you hope in the regular season by showing signs of dominance and then crush it by appearing in crutches in the playoffs. I understand its not his fault and I don't really hold it against him, but I also don't think its something to be lauded. If he didn't get injured on company time every season then he wouldn't have to keep doing rehab every offseason.

4. MandM's

MandM's Member

you are a dip****

1 person likes this.
  5. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Sorry folks, but the era of Yao is over.

[​IMG]

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

While the column was written by a goofus (Solomon), I have to say that I feel for the big fella. How he can keep working at rehab the way he does after what is now years of equally hard work and brutal disappointment, both for Yao and for us, the fans, is beyond me. I couldn't do it (the rehab), not for that length of time with the hope that I could return and still have a productive career. Not after so much heartbreak. And as a fan, I don't know if I can handle watching Yao try this again, get my hopes up, such as they are, and then have his body betray him... again. It's been driving me crazy. One can only imagine how Yao must feel. Perhaps we'll witness a miracle. I'm certainly not counting on it.

7. LandryMegaBeast

i love you yao but.....

time to move on

maybe he occupies the bench, 10-12 min a night behind a younger, more durable center (ideal)

.001% chance he returns to old dominant, all star yao

we have to face the facts

LMB

8. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Way tostate the obvious

9. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

It's clearly not so obvious when folks keep holding on the the fantasy that he can actually keep playing at the NBA level. The sooner they accept that he's done and plan accordingly, the better.

10. highlander3128

People are not allowed to dream in CF......

11. bleh12345

bleh12345 Member

Yao can play Deke's minutes when Yao was the starting C.

8-10 mins, 6pts 3 rbs 0.5bk with high efficiency, that's the best we could hope for.

Fear our backup C! :p

12. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Yao looks very fit.

13. throwedyung14

throwedyung14 Contributing Member

Yao has gone through enough in his career including having the pressure of a billion people on his shoulders. He's as mentally tough as there is. I don't doubt his resolve or psyche.

But... I only want him for the minimum.

14. MingMingDynasty

....except for those t***

15. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

How tall is Jeremy Lin?

16. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

6'3 with shoes

17. amaru

amaru Member

He's been done....

18. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Time to move on. Thanks for the memories, and 2008-09. Go to Phoenix, Yao. If anyone can fix you, they can.

19. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Yao will be back to full strength by mid next year, will come off the bench at first giving us 15pts & 7rbs, an assist or two with a block; then hopefully by the playoffs he will be back to the 20-10 Yao that we all love, leading us to our 3rd Championship, before teaming up with Dwight to be part of a legendary Houston dynasty.

20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Those definitely look kind of like National Geographic Saggy t*tties.....:(