1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming's last game in China. China vs Italy (second round)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by windandsea, Jul 7, 2002.

1. windandsea

windandsea Contributing Member

2. BTM

BTM Member

:rolleyes:

He can't even dominate against Italy. Who the hell plays for Italy, Vincenzo the Pizza Boy?

HTownHomo, get used to Ming picking up fouls early because every center in the league will likely do that to him. Hell, if he can't keep from fouling euro-bum Italian centers he'll be lucky to be the next Shawn Bradley.

Ming(in Hogan voice): "And whatcha gonna do when the 5 inch pythons run wild on you?!?!!"

Hopefully Mo can show him how to pack on the weight.

Who the hell wants their center shooting fadeaways from 15 and 3 point shots?

3. redao

redao Member

Why must Ming dominate against Italy??

He is just a kid, who never has been coached by a professional coach.
    His basketball career is just going to start after this October. Now it is not the time to judge him.
    Please be patient and fair.

4. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Why hasn't BTM's ignorant ass been banned yet?

BTM's idiotic comments on how Shawn Bradley would dominate until the stats showed he scored 4 points and averaged .6 blocks a game in the European Championships.

Hey BTM,
    should I bring those threads to the top again? I noticed you aren't replying to those anymore.

5. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

We all know your view by now. Do you have anything positive to add?

6. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Hey, that's creative. You've downgraded the prevailing idiocy from slurs against Chinese to slurs against Italians, with a little elementary-school bathroom humor thrown in.

Clean up your act or your initials spell Ban This Moron.

7. micah1j

micah1j Member

Best one yet. I wish I had thought of that ;)

8. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Actually, I had the same view on Ming as BTM did when I first saw him playing 4 years ago. I thought he would be just another Bradely with an English communication probelm. However, my view has changed dramatically since due to Mings progress in the past few years.

Unlike Bradely, who basically has no offensive game, Ming has a rather polished offensive game. He demonstrated his offensive skill against many quality competitors, includes US colleage all-stars team in 2001, US dream team in 2000.

You are right about his problem in defense, where he is very easy to get into foul trouble. But when he was on the court, US team had trouble to score any points inside, even with players like Alanzo.

Yao will disappoint some people who expect him to have a huge impact on the Rockets next year, but will surprise many with his polished offensive game. Don't tell me this 'No team want their center to score from 15ft'. Look at great centers in the past decades, Hakeen, Erwing, Robinson, all of them score more than half of their points from 14ft+ jump shots. Ming has a sweet jump shot as good as any of them.

If Ming can stay on court for 20min+, I expect him to easily produce lines like, 15pts/8rbs/3blk/4asi. With stats like this, the Rockets should make some noise in the playoff next year, which is more than what they could do with J. Williams.

I don't know if any of you are familar with ZhiZhi Wang's play in Dallars. Using both Nelson's quote "Wang is as good an offensive player as anyone on our team, includes Dirk'. Ming is a far better offensive player than Wang, and a much better defensive player (which doesn't say much:cool: ).

9. lovethisgametoo

daoshi

Are you a Chinese basketball reporter? I think you do better than many of them. Nice post!

10. clarence lui

clarence lui Member

BTM, what ethnical background are you of, do you mind?

Is BTM = Bigotry Turned a-Mok?

11. Old School

Old School Member

BTM,

Would you just shrivel up and blow away??

Love,
    Old School

12. redao

redao Member

what were you saying? BTM?

[​IMG]

13. toughguy

toughguy Member

Isn't Wang 7' 1"? Replace Wang with Shaq in the picture, and I can imagine Shaq's 10 foot jumpers being swatted into the seats.

14. windandsea

windandsea Contributing Member

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Who the heck is that?? He is at least 7'5"

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Jeez, look at his left shoulder! Where did that muscle come from!?!?:eek:

For a second there I thought that photo was "touched up" in photoshop or something but it looks legit from sina.com.cn!

Chris

17. Stylez

Stylez Member

Ming looks kinda cut in that pic!:eek:

BTM, I really don't understand you. This is a site for Rockets fans! If you are a Rockets fans and you don't like Ming, thats fine but you don't have to go out of your way to hate on the man! If you like the Rocks just shut up and hope his is good. If you are not, GO AWAY! Let Ming do his thing.

18. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

BTM is more interested in seeing Ming flop than anything else.

19. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Actually, I was trained in the same bball system as Ming has been since I was 11. Of course, I'm not as tall as he is. I'm only 6'2. I was invited to practice with Fighting Illini team in 1989 when I was pursuing my PhD there. That team went to the Final Four. I played against guys like Nick Anderson, Kendal Gill in the practice many times. My observation is based on my experience playing in/with both Chinese system/players and potential NBA players.

The toughest part for me to ajust is the pace of the game. I was able to play with those guys for about 20 mins, after that, I was tired like a dog! Remember those were just practice games, with not-yet NBA players. Ming will have a even harder time to adjust to the faster pace of NBA game. I just don't see him play more than 20 Min a game in his first year. If you add the foul problem he will definitely encounter, he will be lucky to stay on the court that long.

The Rockets will have to change the way they have been playing to utilize Ming's talent and weakness. It's better for the long run, but painful in the short term.

20. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Ming showed off his tiger claw...