1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming as 6th man of the year!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Streets 01, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

Ok, hear me out before you one star me!

Daryl Morey was extremely high on Kevin Martin for years and wanted him here because of his ability to get to the line (see last night), and as Morey puts it, Yao is the most dangerous player when a team is in the penalty.

I suggest that the Rockets bring in Yao at the ends of quarters for a few reasons.

1). More fouls will be racked up and Yao can benefit from playing when teams are in the penalty (which will happen a lot with Brooks and Martin slashing in the beginning of each quarter).

2). While teams who like to run (us) come out strong in the beginning, the game slows down a lot more at the ends of quarters due to foul stoppages when in the penalty. Those breaks can help a guy like Yao catch his breath and extend his time on the court.

3). Going up against teams second units will allow Yao to dominate more, he will get more and be a victim of less "star calls", and it will cause less wear and tear on his body.

4). It will help the team have more cohesion putting out the same starting 5 game in and game out.

Thoughts?

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

No.

I didn't even want to read your post.

3. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

I love this forum.

4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I'm with you, for much of the same reasons you posted. I started a similar thread during the summer.

5. da_juice

da_juice Member

All good except I keep seeing this scenario in my mind where Yao is down low and Lowry is barreling through the lane and knocks over Yao and causing him to get injured.