1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao leads in All-Star voting.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cato13, Dec 14, 2006.

1. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

2007 All-Star Balloting: First Returns

NEW YORK, Dec. 14, 2006 – Yao Ming of the Houston Rockets and Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers lead the Western Conference, while LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Allen Iverson of the Philadelphia 76ers lead the Eastern Conference in votes received after the first returns of 2007 NBA All-Star Balloting presented by T-Mobile.
    Through the 2007 NBA All-Star Balloting program, NBA fans from around the globe are responsible for voting in the starters for the 56th NBA All-Star Game, which will be played in Las Vegas on Sunday, Feb. 18. The game will air live on TNT, ESPN Radio and in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.

Yao leads all players with 836,392 votes. The Minnesota Timberwolves’ Kevin Garnett leads all Western Conference forwards with 453,536 votes, followed by San Antonio’s Tim Duncan (423,228). Bryant (720,375) and the Houston Rockets’ Tracy McGrady (668,130) lead all Western Conference guards.

more in link..

http://www.nba.com/news/asreturns1_061214.html

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Wow, Shane Battier is fifth among forwrds in the west

3. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I can't believe Shaq is first in the east, how could anyone vote for shaq over D. Howard?

4. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

i understand but the same way carmelo isnt going to start and tmac is even though carmelo has earned this year.. and zach randolph is going no love

5. cook

cook Member

Battier > Odom > Marion > Howard > Boozer :D :D

6. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Naturally Yao will be getting top votes. For some reason, I'm hoping Dwight Howard to be starting for the Eastern Conference team, or that Shaq will be injuried (again) during the All-Star break. Yao vs. Howard will be fun to watch, especially in a no-defence game.

7. Matador

Matador Member

Glad to see Yao and T-Mac as starter so far.

It looks like the Mavs are taking measures to stuff the ballots like the Rockets do at their home games: Dirk, Terry, Dampier, Howard, and Stackhouse are all in the top 10 in their respective positions. (but the funny thing is that still probably none of them will earn a starting spot :D )

8. yaoistall

yaoistall Member

Chris Mihm's got 30,000 votes despite being out for the year. I find this oddly amusing

9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

just keep voting for Battier

we want to see him in Las Vegas!

10. docgundy

docgundy Member

So will AI take TMac's spot when he's traded to the West?

11. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

neither v-span nor chucky are in the top 10 in votes for their position.

i'm disappointed in you guys. i feel like i'm a one-man, write-in-ballot army.
    :(

12. superden

superden Contributing Member

Of course Yao is the top vote getter, all the people from China are voting for him... :rolleyes:

13. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Hey you know I am voting.. and I am forcing all my friends to write-in Chuck too... even though they have no interest what-so-ever in basketball. You aren't alone I promise!

14. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

They must be voting for LeBron too then ... he's not far behind Yao.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I hope McGrady doesn't make it for the sake of his back or at least doesn't play. In all honesty he simply doesn't deserve it either over guys like Steve Nash or Chris Paul.

16. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

Tmac is playing 2 guard. Carmelo is playing SF

17. qrui

qrui Member

exactly! :rolleyes:

seriously, i'm surprised he only got 800k something votes. guess they don't count the internet votes. :( if they do, he can get that number in one day :D

18. deepblue

deepblue Member

all star games (starters) have never been about whom is more deserving, always will be a popularity contest. (see vince carter)

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

So what happens if AI is traded?

20. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

you can thank china and Peak shoes for that.