1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

(YAHOO'S) Finance & Sports articles on Lin's $25M w/Harden & 6th man role

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Play07, Oct 30, 2013.

1. dragician

dragician Member

tMAC was paid max but he sat down for a year and ruined club's future.

2. Dimeron

Dimeron Member

I'm not saying sacrificing the team to appease the fan of a specific player. I was critical of the way which this experiment was handled from a PR perspective, not at the switch itself, which could still end up working, we will see.

The problem is McHale is being wishy washy "Two starting PG crap, lets rotate crap", thus, letting media, Lin fans, and Lin haters gossip all over the place, and making the switch look like a competition and then demotion (very unfair demotion).

If he explicitly states he will experiment Lin as the sixth man, who will be a crucial component, and Rocket recognizes and acknowledges the sacrifice Lin giving up his starting spot from the days of the training camp, it would have caused a lot less drama, and not turn huge portion of Lin's fan against the rocket organization.

It also give him an much easier way out if Bev doesn't work out. Like I said, if Bev plays poorly, McHale could have spinned it as Lin is more valuable as a starter and switch back. And if Lin turns out to be a 6th man of the year candidate or even winner, McHale would have looked like a freakn genius.

3. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Agree. I could not have said better.

4. Xfinity

Xfinity Member

One explanation could be when Lin has the ball he usually works to get other players open look(hence Harden shot better 3 with Lin). Where as when Harden has the ball he usually does ISO. Sometimes he would keep the ball until only a couple seconds left then passes the ball to some poor fella(Lin in this case) who has to chuck it up before the shot clock expires(hence Lin shot worse with Harden). Happened often enough last year for me to remember.

5. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Agreed. Maybe McHale thinks that if we put two all stars on the floor, the offense is gonna be good. Not necessarily so!