1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Yahoo Fantasy Baseball dedicated managers needed

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Xenon, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Woohoo another new season of fantasy baseball has begun. For the 3rd year in a row I will be running a league with some very unique settings and need some managers for fill out the league.

Each manager will choose his team and before the draft begins I will place players from that team onto your roster. We will then draft in reverse order the remaining players not already on teams. As difficult as this would seem to balance, I think it's worked out fairly well the past couple of seasons. No, the Yankees don't automatically win this league. So, if you are willing to try something a little different and stick it out all season, signup. Thanks and good luck this season.

League id: 8404
    Password: superfun

2. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I'll be in as the Yankees. :p

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I'm back for another year. Last year I had the Yankees, but this year I shall choose the much hated ChiSox.

BTW- Yahoo sent me a plaque for this league last year for winning. And I came in third. How sweet was that? :p

#3 LonghornFan, Feb 3, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
  4. Xenon

Pretty nice. i wonder what 1st and 2nd got?

That's Astros, White Sox and Yankees taken. Tons of teams remaining. Who is going to be the brave soul to take the Marlins? I'll be using the league message board for my ideas for this season starting tomorrow. I'd like us to have an online draft this time, but I'm not sure it will be feasible. I've yet to actually check out the commish tools, so we'll see.

5. cuttino

cuttino Contributing Member

I'm back, and hopefully I fare better this time. Sorry to report that I did not get a plaque for 8th.

Hopefully the Mets bring me some luck this time around. Lets go Beltran!!!!! Earn those gazillions. :D

6. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

i'll be the Blue Jays

7. Xenon

Cuttino any chance you can pick another team. The guy that had Mets last season wants them again.

Btw, still looking for a few managers. Lots of teams left.

8. cuttino

9. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

Are the Indians available?

10. Xenon

Absolutely. I still have much work to do with setting up the league, but it's good to see several of leagues managers returning. If I can't work a predraft setup we may end up doing another message board draft just as last season. Keep checking the message board over there periodically I will announce any changes and the draft start time soon.

11. WiNK

WiNK Member

I wouldnt mind trying this out.

Are the Rangers still available?

12. cuttino

Hey, I will have to give up my spot as it is looking like I won't have time. So the Phillies are back up for grabs. Good luck everybody.

13. Xenon

Ok. Sorry, I've been a bit slow to get the league started, but registration was so early this season. Pitchers and catchers are just reporting now, so still tons of time to get going on this.

Edit: Ok, I've begun another recruiting drive and we are already back up to 8 teams in the league. I'm shooting for 10 or 12 to get this league started. I've added a commissioners note to give you a brief overview of the draft. There are a couple a changes from last season that I think will balance the league a bit better and give even the Marlins a chance to win the league.

#13 Xenon, Feb 21, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2006
  14. Xenon

We are full and ready to begin. We're also a plus league now, so check your emails if you can't find the league anymore.

15. fadeaway

Hey Xenon -- I'm having trouble getting signed up for this league. Yahoo deactivated my previous e-mail account, so I went ahead and just created a new one. Would you be able to re-send me the sign up information at hermes_skipperpip@yahoo.ca ?

Thanks.

16. Xenon

We've got a full league. :(

I'll add to the league if a team drops out or holds up the league during the draft if you want.

17. fadeaway

Dude, I was the first one to respond to this thread. I'm the Yankees. :p

I was just having trouble with my yahoo account, so I was hoping you would delete my current team ID (flameroasted) and let me in under my new name (hermes_skipperpip). :)

Or, just send the new information to one of my active e-mail addresses (ie: through the BBS, which should work now).

#17 fadeaway, Feb 22, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2006
  18. Xenon

I don't see any flameroasted in the league. You never signed up?

19. Xenon

Just checked again. You never signed up in the league as far as I can tell. There's nothing I can do now. Another team signed up as the Yankees yesterday and we are now full with 12 teams. Sorry man.

20. fadeaway

That sucks. I was looking forward to this one. Oh well. :(