1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo!] Carmelo privately expressing more enthusiasm to join Rockets than Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ebu, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Hard not to root for a group of hardworking guys and underdogs. It has always been Weeds VS Elites for everything in life. It took a lot of effort for most of them to even make and stay in the NBA, much less start and contribute. The problem is, this group of player will never take us to the ring, at least not with the huge question mark on Yao. If by chance Yao gets his conditioning back and manages to last the entire season and playoffs and we someone stumble on Iggy, Melo, Granger, or Wallace, we really won't get that far in the post season.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Pure conjecture on your part, you don't know whether this team will win a ring as assembled....you are purely guessing.

And, you don't know that getting Melo makes us a contender...again, purely guessing.

Let's see what this team has before being rash and making a move....and if we have to get someone....Iggy would be my choice by a long way over Melo and Granger.

DD

3. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

the same argument can be made opposing this....fact of the matter, we have no idea what to expect from this "group"....however, I'd rather start with a group that included melo and Yao. I dont think its "purely guessing" to say that adding Melo makes us more of a contender than we are. If Yao, Artest and a similar cast got us within one game of the WCF, it would be foolish to thnk that Yao, Melo and the same similar cast (possibly better given that AB, etc have ore experience now) wouldnt make us contenders

4. koby1868

koby1868 Member

I completely agree. I think adding a player of melo or iggy's caliber makes us an instant contender. The group the way it is now is a for sure playoff team but not much after that

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Keep in mind that those scrappy, easy-to-cheer-for teams with no clear star and a bunch of "really swell guys" only win championships in the movies.

And now that Dennis Hopper is dead, who would we get for our alcoholic assistant coach?

6. DarylMoney

DarylMoney Member

What has Iggy won, that Melo hasn't?

We are a super deep team. But we aren't deep in superstars. I think the Rockets would be much better served if, for example, moved 2 pretty damn good players for a player of Melo's talent level.

7. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

Iggy has won DD's heart while Melo hasn't. That's what makes the difference.

1 person likes this.
  8. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

so is there anything new?

9. raj87

raj87 Member

[​IMG]

10. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

12. Tabvegas

Tabvegas Member

just posted this on another thread..not sure if anyone has seen this:

Anthony joining Nets, Kings, Timberwolves?
    By Mark J. Miller
    The Denver Nuggets are now really trying to get rid of disgruntled superstar forward Carmelo Anthony(notes) and NBA.com has it that he'll likely go to one of three teams.

The site reports that the New Jersey Nets, Minnesota Timberwolves, and Sacramento Kings are the three teams that the Nuggets are most interested in trading Anthony, who has one year left on his contract and a three-year, $65 million extension offer on the table from the Nuggets.

The only one of those teams that is thought to be possibly on the list of teams Anthony gave to the Nuggets last year is the Nets since it's moving to Brooklyn in a few years and has a basketball-loving owner with some bucks that he's willing to spend.

13. Tabvegas

Tabvegas Member

Sorry here's the link from Yahoo sports:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Anthony-joining-Nets-Kings-Timberwolves-?urn=nba-266030

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

15. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

I guarantee you 100% that Melo won't be on a Wolves or Kings roster this season.

16. DaDakota

I guarantee you 100% that Melo will not be on the Rockets roster this season.

Now......guess what? Each of our guarantees hold the same amount of validity, which is to say, none.

DD

17. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Actually, statistically your guarantee holds more validity if every team has an equal shot of getting him.

His odds of his 100% guarantee being correct:

28/30=93.3%

Your odds of your 100% guarantee being correct:

29/30=96.7%

So in other words:

"Sixty percent of the time, it works every time."

18. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Wow, dude calm down.

Just chill, lol.

19. motionsiknes

motionsiknes Member

I want to see DD retort to this.

20. DaDakota

I would say that Artest was an ancillary character on that team and that Yao and Brooks and Scola were more important.......

So, if you replace Artest with Battier/Cbud that is a better team...not to mention we now have Kevin Martin.

So, while it is true that no one knows whether this team is good enough as is.......no one knows it isn't good enough either....

Though a lot of folks on here will pretend that you can not win it all without a Superstar, even though most people are not named superstars until after they win a ring and looking back is far easier than looking forward.

Am I saying this team is good enough "as is" well no, but I for one, would like to find out how good it is "BEFORE" making adjustments.

Does that make sense.......?

DD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.