1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo!] Carmelo privately expressing more enthusiasm to join Rockets than Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ebu, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. houston19519

houston19519 Member

Preach My Brotha :grin:

[​IMG]

2. cavevato

cavevato Member

Melo's wife in an old interview. My guess is he'll end up in L.A. or New Jersey considering LaLa's preference.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K6qUSUXt3bE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K6qUSUXt3bE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

3. brando

brando Member

When some kid shoots someone because he wanted to be a gangsta like some of these athletes glamorize the athlete propagating that behavior should also go to prison. Even Carmellos wife does in love with a gangsta videos. It is shameful, it really is. Now kids watching this crap want to go out gang banging and doing drivebys.
    I gained a lot of respect for Iverson when he said the coach was right and he needed to change, but I would not want him on the team.

4. mi0304

mi0304 Member

10000 replies = Melo to Houston.

5. amaru

amaru Member

Y are u thinking so small?

How about we send the CEOs and Owners of the artist's parents companies to jail.....or just boycott everything they make.

That would send a message.....anything else is just pissing in the wind excuse my language.

6. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

As long as Kobe keeps raping on the court, I'm not gonna judge him for doing it off the court. Whatever keeps him happy and the championships rolling in.

1 person likes this.
  7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

lakersground is that way, bud.

8. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Did we get Melo yet?

9. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

LOL Every Morey cult member in here waiting for Melo trade. Checking all the NBA sites 24/7 and on twitter. Classic.

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

godddammn this girl is dumb as ****

my ears n head hurt after just 90sec of playin that :eek:

11. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Why is everyone so concerned that "LaLa" is making the decisions here? She's a goddamned trophy wife.

12. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

With awesome knockers.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is probably the only trophy Melo will ever hold.

DD

14. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I’d like to evaluate the options from both Melo and Denver’s perspectives on a spectrum scale. On one end of the scale are teams Melo might want to go to in order of preference while on the other end of the scale would be teams that Denver wants assets from (Clips, Kings, Nets, Minny, etc). Let’s assume Melo’s preferences center on big markets, entertainment industries for Lala, and cities with title contenders.

Starting off on the “Melo Wants” side of the scale

Knicks: Let’s assume Melo really does want to play for the Knicks. He won’t go there if they have to give up Gallo, Randolph, Chandler, etc (Denver would want assets that would basically gut the roster). Playing for a team like that with just him, Amare and role players doesn’t seem like a title contender to me. For him to want to go there would mean he’s all about the NYC, what’s best for his wife perhaps, and not so much about the ring anytime soon.

Nets: Similar situation. Denver is going to want some quality assets from the Nets. While the Nets had a horrendous season last year, they have quality young talent this year. Add Melo and after a year or two of developing and building they could be a legit contender. But 1) is Melo willing to wait for a rebuilding process that the Nets would require while he’s in his prime? 2) Would he be willing to wait even longer knowing that some, if not all, of those developing young talents would be traded to Denver? Going to a rebuilding team poses serious concerns if I’m thinking from Melo’s perspective. Again for him to go there he’d have to be all about the city and his wife’s career.

Let’s slide over to the other side of the scale to the “Denver wants”:

Clips: If you think about it from Denver’s point of view a package that the Clips could put together would be pretty irresistible to the FO. But 1) would the Clips give up that much for Melo leaving not much left to build off around him and Griffin? 2) Would Melo want to be a part of team that wasn’t all that successful this past season or over the past few years for that matter? They might be front runners for the Nuggets, not too sure about how Melo would feel about that team after it’s key players are traded.

Kings: Again similar situation. Mighty attractive to Denver with Cousins, Caspri and a pick. But that team with Melo doesn’t look like a title contender to me anytime soon.

Minny: No commentary needed here…

As you can see the two middle teams (Nets and Clips) are closest to what makes sense for both Melo and Denver. But to me it seems like at the end of the day the winner of the Melo battle goes to the team
    1) with the most assets to deal in an extend-and-trade
    2) with little to no cap space, meaning their money is tied up in trade-able assets. (this is important because the advantage more or less shifts to teams without cap space and valuable assets in sign-and-trades where as the advantage goes to teams with cap space in free agency).
    3) that is currently a legit contender and with a slight improvement can become serious title contenders if not favorites. The reason being is because Denver has leverage here too in an extend-and-trade, any team can only hope to slightly improve given that they’ll have to give up assets in order to get Melo. No team is going to improve leaps and bounds unless Denver had no leverage and got owned in a trade. The mere fact that both parties have leverage means a middle ground must be found in negotiation, which means teams in between these two ends of the spectrum are most likely to win the bidding. Everyone knows in negotiations each party first starts by asking for the extremes of what they want. Eventually a middle ground is reached.

So if Melo want the big market of NYC or LA and goes to the knicks, nets or clips, those teams will definitely improve, but definitely won’t be title contenders anytime soon. Teams already in contention just one or two steps away for title favorites with tons of trade-able assets look to be best positioned. You make your own evaluation on which teams you believe those are. I think the Rockets are still positioned very well. I think we'd improve but like every other team, with what we'd have to give up I don't think the improvement would be leaps and bounds.

15. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Ever? Interesting.

[​IMG]

16. Rocketman81

Rocketman81 Member

she is not a trophy wife. She is about a 7 on a 1-10 scale. She's just above average at best.

17. DaDakota

Well that is better looking than LaLa, only this time the boob is holding the trophy.

DD

18. DarylMoney

DarylMoney Member

DD - Weren't you saying at the beginning of this thread that you "better get on board before I get left behind" or something along those lines?

What made you change your mind so drastically in one week?

19. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, but a guy who led his team to a championship as a freshman in college isn't a proven winner in the NBA. (Greg Oden, Kevin Durant, and John Wall think that's easy!)

I mean, he would have to lead his team to winning records and the playoffs seven years in a row after they hadn't had a winning season in 10 years to prove something like that.

20. DaDakota

If we get him, I will get on board, but my mind has not changed....I don't think he is all that, and would rather roll with what we have.

If Morey thinks differently and goes out and gets Melo, then as a Rockets fan, you have to swallow your pride and cheer on the men in red.

Same thing I did with Artest.......

This year though, is probably the only year in a decade that I like everyone on the roster, I am hoping we see what we have first before making any drastic decisions like getting Melo.

I am unconvinced it would get us closer to a championship....

DD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.