1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo!] Carmelo privately expressing more enthusiasm to join Rockets than Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ebu, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Carmelo's twitter got hacked.

He said it himself ;)

Bring on Melo. Dude can ball. Throw in Brooks for Billups while we're at it. We need a real Point guard who can defend.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

All the evidence is piling up that it was him, on his Iphone using his personal photo account too.

And yes, caught with mar1juana in the airport...later a friend took the fall for him......he has had a lot of issues, please don't pretend like he is some saint.

He ain't.

DD

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I couldn't care less about character. I care about work ethic and it seems like melo has it.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

So one mar1juana case makes him a bad guy? Give me a break. JR Smith killed a guy, Chris Anderson was a heroin addict, Allen Iverson beat his wife. Those are real crimes. Comparing Melo to them is beyond stupid. The guy has done nothing to deserve the bad guy label that you give him, and he is a winner, there is not denying that

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Fail. The majority of athletes smoke. I'm sure AB and Bud toke.

6. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

One thing is for sure. If we get Melo and we win alot, go deep in the playoffs.

Everybody changes their view when your winning......

1 person likes this.
  7. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

And they were all on the same team at one point

8. rocketsmetalspd

Rockets should not rush into getting anyone else to add to the team. I just want the current roster to play together and see what happens. I have been saying all along if a big trade is to be made, I rather have it be on trading day next year in Feb.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Hell i want em to be traded to Houston and sign the extention for crying out loud! Is that too much to ask?

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

FB, do you or anyone else have a video of this incident? I'm curious to see it, because while I remember seeing a couple of incidents like that in games over the years (very disgusting... I wish I could remember who was involved, but can't), I can't bring to mind the one involving Anthony. That would be a fairly big deal to me, depending on what happened.

I could care less about the "smoking" stuff, or some goofy "twitter" thingy. Hell, I've yet to open a twitter account and am not really interested in doing so. Why high dollar athletes bother is beyond me. Their agents probably encourage it "for their public." I think it's bull****. Why not simply pick up a phone?

11. DaDakota

Ok, so because all of those guys are LOWER character guys does not make Melo better, it just means he has company.

I don't want any of them either.

DD

12. Raven

Raven Member

What was your position on Artest? I don't remember whether you agreed or disagreed with that trade.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'd trade 10 Shane Battiers for 1 Melo any day.

Character doesn't do **** on the basketball court.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

So anyone that has ever smoked mar1juana has low character? please. I bet over 50% of the NBA smokes.

And I just read up about the twitter story cause I was not familiar with it when you mentioned it earlier. That is hardly even a story, if you think that demonstrates low character, LOL.

The guy has done NOTHING besides having a small weed incident to warrant the rep you are giving him. Again, he is a WINNER!!! Isn't that what you ultimately want? I know I prefer a winner to a nice guy on my sports teams

15. DaDakota

Never wanted him, posted about it BEFORE the trade, understood the reason for the trade, and getting him for just one year for such a cheap price.

Glad, thrilled, ecstatic that he was shown the door.

DD

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Here you go Deck. It isn't the clearest video there, but you can see him sucker punch and run and hide.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LW_U73RK25g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LW_U73RK25g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

So it is clear that you favor character over winning. If that is true, we have nothing else to discuss

18. DaDakota

I prefer winning the right way.

No one knows if Melo makes this team a championship contender, or not...no one knows if the team is good enough as is....

There are no guarantees in making these types of trades other than history of attitude and actions generally repeat themselves.

DD

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If MAlone, Stockton, and the rest of the Jazz were Rockets in an alternate universe with Jerry Sloan as the coach, and played the way the played and won a ring, you would feel proud of that team?

There is no way I would ever feel proud of a team that played the way the Jazz played. No matter what.

20. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Are you serious?
    Yeah, let's totally refuse getting Carmelo Anthony because he's a "bad guy" (even though he really isn't much of one). Because Shane Battier can totally lead this team to the WCF and beyond.

This is ridiculous. It's not personality that wins championship, but talent. The Detroit Pistons were called the "Bad Boys" for a reason. They weren't the nicest guys around, but guess what? They won two championships. "Mad Max" was part of our own Houston Rockets, and he helped us win a championship. Kobe Bryant is a dick on the court and he has five rings to flash in our faces.

How can you seriously consider not wanting Carmelo Anthony because he smoked weed or whatever he did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.