1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo!] Carmelo privately expressing more enthusiasm to join Rockets than Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ebu, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eman

eman Contributing Member

Seconded.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Who does? NOT ME !!!!!

Don't confuse me with Leeb....please.

Look, I know it is not popular to not want the new "Shiny object in the stream"....but I just don't....

There are players that I would want...that are also of a good character.

Durant & Roy for example.....

Melo is not one of them, at least for me........sorry....

DD

3. DontTradeOswalt

Morey should go after Nash.

4. DaDakota

Another example of his low character is this whole "My twitter was hacked" nonsense.

He should have just taken responsibility, and apologized, instead he looked for the easy way out and is trying to shirk it.

That is LOW character right there......and typical of guys who will wilt under pressure.

I know you guys feel otherwise, and nothing I say will change your mind.....but man, you guys should be able to "Sniff" this out.

DD

5. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

We had Ron Artest on the team for a season, we've had other "mal-contents" on the team in the past and it has worked out.

Compared to some of these guy's Melo isn't really that much to talk about. Half the guys in the NBA you can find something wrong with.

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I don't buy the low character argument for a few reasons DD.

Firstly, where are you are getting this idea from. To my knowledge, the guy has never been arrested off the court and does not have a major attitude on the court. Then again, I also would not consider McGrady a low character guy, but rather a low effort guy. There is a big difference (not that I would consider Melo either one of them). "Low character" player are bad guys like JR Smith, Chris Anderson, Allen Iverson, etc. Guys who commit serious crimes and have clear attitudes while one the court. Melo comes nowhere close to fitting this bill.

Secondly, if Melo is a "bad guy," can you name me a single championship team that did not have at least one of them? Talent wins championships, not character.

I have watched a lot of Melo after moving to Colorado just over 2 years ago and the guy became a different player during the year they made the WCF. He focused a lot on the defensive end and became a very good defensive player, I remember him playing Kobe pretty well in that series. A SF also does not get as many boards as he does without playing hard. I agree that when Melo first entered the league, he kinda just went through the motions and let the like of Wade and James pass him by. But he realized the gap a few seasons ago and is a totally different player. Hell, he took his team 2 games away from the NBA finals. He is a stud

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

DD, get off your soap box..

Once again, you've hijacked a thread with your redundant bs. He makes our team better. End of story.

You'll be happy if and when melo gets traded elsewhere. The majority of us won't be. Why? Bc we want to win a ring. The last time I checked, we've been out of the first round once in the last 13 years.

1 person likes this.
  8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Melo doesn't make anyone win a ring.

9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Melo is a low character guy. His cheap ass sucker punch against the knicks and then running away and hiding behind teammates after that was disgusting. Getting arrested means someone is troubled and may or may not also demonstrate low character, but his cowardice and cheap shot go directly to what kind of character he has.

10. DaDakota

Nope, not unless he is a secondary player instead of the main one.

I understand the masses want him......never been one to follow along...sorry.

DD

11. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The "low character guy" stuff is being overblown. He led his teams to success and is skilled. He produces. Is he a wonderful person that I want my son to emulate? I doubt it. Neither is Kobe, or Michael Jordan. You mention Brandon Roy and Kevin Durant as being preferable. They certainly are. They just are not available. To get a player who is in the conversation to win an MVP there are going to be issues.

12. DaDakota

No, not true, only if you leap at the guy that is NEARLY a superstar, basically settling for what is out there but doesn't necessarily get you the brass ring.

Overpaying for nearly superstars also hamstrings your team.

DD

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Like I said, he has changed over the past couple season, and that fight was 4 years ago.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

The guy has won as the best player one his team in college, at the international level, and has come to the brink of the NBA finals. What more do you want from him?

15. DaDakota

Me? I want nothing from him. I want him to move on....

;)
    DD

16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I hope he has, especially if he becomes a Rocket. I have other issues with trying to get him on the Rockets, but his character is my number one issue.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

you still didn't address my question as to why you think he has low character

18. DaDakota

Changed so much that he just offered 5k (Real talk) to go slap someone on twitter....which was bad enough, but........everyone can get carried away in anger....

So, what did he do.....did he apologize, did he own up and say he lost his cool?

Nope, he took the cowards way out, and made up a story about hacking.....

That is a serious character flaw....I know most of you won't see it that way.....but I do.

DD

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Like I said in my previous posts. Carmelo 2008-present is a totally different player from Carmelo 2003-2008

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

you were calling him a low character guy before that happened (and this thing is not proven yet anyway).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.