1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo!] Carmelo privately expressing more enthusiasm to join Rockets than Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ebu, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

It's not gonna happen for at least another week. Melo's still in China and he's gonna have a meeting with their new GM, who apparently is in denial and wants him to stay.

I just hope this doesn't drag too long.

I hate anticipation. During the trade deadline last year I could barely sleep. Too much speculation. Were we getting Iggy? Amare? Maybe even Granger? I literally stayed up the entire night the day before the deadline and found out we got Martin and lost Landry.

2. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

It looks like the Houston buzz has died down, which worries me.

I wonder what DM is up to, what he's willing to offer, and how hard he's pursuing this. I also hope he is looking at Iggy and Granger as well. He needs to approach Philly and Indy and tell them "If you're looking to move Iggy/Granger because you have Turner/George, and want some picks prospects, and to shed salary, let us know now. If not that's fine, but we're going to aggressively pursue Anthony and these assets may soon be gone."

3. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68878/20100828/wizards_inquire_about_carmelo/#ixzz0xvMMeKjc

Meaning Morey has already made his call to the Nuggets about Melo, and I'm sure that his conversation with Ujiri lasted longer than at least 20+ other gms. No need to panic guys.

4. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

I think that the source was basically saying that everyone wants Melo, because he's THAT good. I don't think he literally meant that every single GM in the NBA called with an offer. I'm sure there are some GM's that know they don't have a shot or are happy where they are (like the Lakers). For example, I doubt Riley called with an offer for Melo.

5. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

6. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the realgm Nuggets message board has virtually no interest in Houston

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Well, we're screwed then. Someone inform Morey.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I'll tell you this. If Nuggets trade Melo and it's not to us. Our current team will devour that Nuggets team. That's assuming they trade him to Nets, Clippers or Knicks.

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

That's because we have our own board and don't have a presence there. That's a crappy cesspool of 90% wrong rumors.

11. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

our buzz dying = a good thing

:) progress is being made

12. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

this post is reaching because mello so far has nowhere missed as many games as martin.

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

14. clos4life

clos4life Member

And thankfully liberated ourselves of T-Mac while getting a bunch of picks along the way. Thanks James Dolan!

Really, Martin is an overall player than Landry.

15. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Damn, it aint looking good for us.

I dunno if this Sam Amico guy is legit.

http://twitter.com/SamAmicoNBA/status/22355665914

http://twitter.com/SamAmicoNBA/status/22361809619

The basketball Gods continue to screw with us. What's next? Yao going down in training camp? :mad:

16. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

17. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

first thing you aught to do...

actually think about it, look at each roster and see if they meet the specifics that we know Denver wants. Dont automatically assume that since there is a report, that it is true. How many different reports have you seen this offseason that turned out to be totally and completely false?

18. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

I think people were getting their hopes up from the beginning. We had a shot at Melo. But so did 4-5 other teams. And while we might've been at the top of the list in terms of assets to offer (picks, players that are good now and prospects that might be good later), we were also in the same conference so that is a strike against us.

I think we still have a decent shot. Morey can surprise you with moves sometimes.

19. acefan18

acefan18 Member

Agreed

20. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

I guess your right but Adrian Woj and Chris Mannix seem to be legit insiders.

The thing I don't understand is we've been consistently mentioned as a top suitor for Melo and all of a sudden we arn't?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.