1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo!] Carmelo privately expressing more enthusiasm to join Rockets than Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ebu, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worzel gummidge

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2010/08/carmelo-anthony-to-the-wizards.html

2. drich

drich Member

With Martin and Yao both on the team it's really scary and I'm saying that from a injury standpoint. Both guys get injured a whole lot, thats why I would go after Iggy.

3. AggieRocketFan96

Source: Nets have good chance at landing Carmelo

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/218290?eref=twitter_feed

With All-Star Carmelo Anthony and his representatives having delivered a virtual ultimatum to the Nuggets about trading him, the Nets are viewed as one of the teams with the strongest chance of landing the 6-foot-8 forward. Why? "They have the pieces to trade and the draft picks," one NBA team executive said. "He'd play for them. Yes, I do think the Nets have a legit shot."

4. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

New Jersey has the highest state tax, while Texas has almost none, it's 10% difference, why go NJ if the pre-tax salary is the same?

5. Raven

Raven Member

They've been the front runners all along. NY, rich high profile owner, quality big man.

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

Martin is not anymore injury prone than Melo. The injuries he's had in the past are just freak things that could happen to anybody who draws a bunch of fouls and attacks the way Martin does (guess what, Melo does the same thing).

7. drich

drich Member

Kevin martin 61 games 51 games 41 games. Last 3 years

Carmelo 77 games 69 games 71 games

1 person likes this.
  8. devin23

devin23 Member

Exactly. Martin IMO will be expandible.

9. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

10. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

He said he planned on putting on some weight this off-season. How much do you want him to expand?

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

why do you feel like martin is expandable now? i don't think he is very expandable.

12. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I don't think he said Martin is expendable now. I think he is saying Martin is expendable if we trade for Anthony and IMO he is right.

Yao, Scola and Anthony all make their living on the offensive end of the court inside the 3pt line. Courtney Lee has been a quality starting 2 guard in the league plus he is a good 3pt shooter and defender. Lee and AB in the back court draining 3s would be a perfect compliment to Yao, Scola and Anthony.

Loosing Martin in a trade for Anthony is less painful than loosing any of the other starters plus we have someone ready to step in for him as the starter and Taylor waiting as the reserve.

1 person likes this.
  13. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

well if he gets traded to an east team, I don't really care. That just means that the rockets will be ranked higher with or without melo. If melo wants to play with a bunch of losers, he can go right ahead because the nets will most likely give up some very valuable assets in the trade anyway.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Wherever Carmelo goes (and I really doubt it will be to the Rockets), hopefully we can be part of a multi-team deal and upgrade the team.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

martin's skin contains 2% lycra

16. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

I think the Rockets would be a much better team trading young assets + expiring contracts for Iguodala than trading one of their key players for Melo.

Outside of the 3 spot, the Rockets have the best offensive foursome in the league, Iguodala is exactly what we need.

17. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Did you feel this way, when we got Tmac?

I think we have as good as a chance as Clips or Nets.

18. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Been about a week now and I still REALLY hope the Rockets can get Melo.

19. Zfan

Zfan Member

He's probably the last real star with real talent available. We can offer more than Wizard and net. Morey please makes it happen.

20. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

I feel much better about this than I did about Bosh situation.

With the whole Bosh scenario, we never even mentioned by anyone other than Chris Broussard and the reason why we were mentioned was because of leverage.

Numerous legit sources including Adrian Woj and Chris Mannix have consistently mentioned us as a top choice for him. While they do have assets, I seriously doubt Melo re-signs with the Clippers and Warriors, and the Knicks really don't have any assets do give up other than maybe Gallinari, who has a history of back injuries, or Anthony Randoplh. They also don't have draft picks, which the Nuggets apparently want.

This looks like it might be a bidding war between the Nets and the Rockets. I give the Rockets the edge because of Morey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.