1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Xbox Live] Getting Internet from my laptop

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by D-Lite, Jun 28, 2008.

Tags:
  1. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

Is there anyway that I can connect my laptop to my Xbox so that the internet from my laptop is transfered to my Xbox360 so I can use Xbox live?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks!

2. TurtleBonzi

TurtleBonzi Member

Can't you just buy a wireless adapter?

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

not 100% sure, but I don't see why not, there were ways to get the original XBox to play with others with a router before XBox Live, so I don't see it being a problem with a laptop, just have to get the internet from wifi, then do Internet Connection Sharing with your XBox 360.

4. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

i dont want to buy something new when my laptop can act like a wireless adapter..

but yea.. thanks Dave.. i think internet sharing might do the trick!

if anyone else still have suggestions, itd be helpful!

5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

yeah, there is a way to bridge your connection so you can connect your xbox to your laptop and thus the internet...
    <br>
    Im not sure on the specifics on how to do it, but it can be done. One of my friends uses it...
    <br>
    just google it, I did so myself one time and found a bunch of good walkthroughs...although, I didn't use any because I just bought a really big ethernet cable :D

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If you have xp go to network connection: start->settings->network connection

then use ctrl to select the the wireless and and lan connection right click and hit bridge.

7. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

FYI, Microsoft sent out a positively massage number of defective wireless adapters. Most people I know went through sending several back to Microsoft before they got a working one, lucky for me I only had to send mine back once before I got a live one.

To anyone who cares: if you want a wireless adapter, get a third-party one. The official Microsoft one is a headache waiting to happen.

8. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Lots of the third party 'adapters' are crap. Unless you are going to go with an actual bridge, you don't want any part of the Nyko and the like 360 branded third party adapters.

I've not heard of any problems with the actual wireless adapters like you are referring to.

Of course, the system itself on the other hand...

9. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

i bought the Pelican XBox 360 Wireless adapter and works flawlessly

http://www.pdp.com/prod_detail.php?sku=PL3669

i googled it, and some tech moron nerd bought it to use it as an access point and was b****ing about it, umm, they are ACTUAL ACCESS POINTS to buy instead of buying one INTENDED FOR THE XBOX, freaking moron....

10. TheMountainTop

Yeah you can hook up your laptop to the xbox and use it as a wireless adapter. My brother just did it like last week and thats what we have been using. I think there is a video on youtube on how to do it.