1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wow! Blatant tanking by the Suns for one spot

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by haiti1804, Apr 25, 2012.

1. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

I hope Morey is watching,lol! last three minutes of the game they let Nash play for 1 minute then they took him out,wow:grin:

2. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Warrick is in on it too.

3. plates300

plates300 Member

they put Nash in because everyone in the arena was chanting his name. he got a standing ovation as he should.

4. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

There was only three minutes left in perhaps the final game of his career in Phoenix, they could have let him play those final three minutes...blatant,despicable,tank job!:mad:

5. VBG

VBG Member

End of an era. :(

6. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Confused.

Nash is 38 right?

This game meant nothing right?

I thought the first 14 spots were in the lottery?

So a 38 yo Nash was playing in a meaningless game, one that if they won, would help them none, and if they lost would help them minimally (but theoretically it would help). Why play him?

Tanking is bad, yes, I have agreed every season people have suggested this. However, once you're eliminated from the playoffs, you have no need to win games, you're not cheating your fan base, you gave it your all, now do the smart thing and don't risk an injury on aging player. I hope we don't play Camby tonight.

7. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

uhh its so he gets a standing ovation from the crowd. when subbed out. every team does it.

8. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

we must lose!

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

No worries, he's pulled Camby, Lowry, Martin and Parsons out. Two can play this game.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

This. You pull Nash before the end of the game to give the fans an opportunity to show their appreciation. If he stays to the final buzzer, there's no opportunity for an ovation. It was the classy thing to do and had nothing to do with the score.