1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Gordon for a possible Paul George rental?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thekad, Dec 13, 2017.

?

Would you trade EG for PG?

1. Yes

54 vote(s)
    20.7%
  2. No

116 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. Only if PG agrees to re-sign

91 vote(s)
    34.9%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Could have had both.....

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

They are not close in value. First you have injury concerns where Ego has an injury history whereas PG is relatively healthy except for that freak accident. Second PG's natural position is the SF, that is important ciz we may not retain both Ariza and Luc who are the 2 SFs now. Third PG is a much better defender. 4rth PG has more of an alpha personality, he's also an ISo scorer so at least when Harden is down you can count on him. EGO has modified his game to be more of a catch and shoot guy, he does his damage but he can't be the center of the offense thats why MDA has to have Paul or Harden on the court at all times.

There's lots of reasons why PG is considered a max plauer whereas EGo had to settle for 13M in a market that was paying Anderson and Crabbe 18M each.

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Can you explain to me how Paul George will make our bench better? We owe about 13 victories to our depth this year.

4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

If we know he’s leaving OKC and they want to get anything back why would we give up soo much? I’d love to have PG but it shouldn’t be for anything more than Ryan’s Anderson and a first round pick.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

It'll make the bench better because Ariza moves to the bench. You lose gordon but now your bench with Cp3, Nene, Ariza, Luc and Tucker is 5 guys who are great at defense.

It'll also make the starters way stronger cuz you upgrade from Ariza to PG.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol Anderson is not an asset he is a liability. Teams probably wont even take him if the rox attached a 2nd round pick. Who knows OKC might bite though cuz they traded everyone for PG and Melo.

7. don grahamleone

But the strength of our bench is that we defend while our scoreboard still moves at a pretty quick pace. Do you think Ariza can do what Gordon does? You know, drive and score points? I remember putting him in that role a few years ago for the Rockets before we had Harden... it didn't go well.

8. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I've watched George plenty as he is one of my favourite players.

OKC fans saying and seeing the same thing.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

PG is definitely the better player, but I feel like EG is the better fit for the system.

The reality is that I want PG, ONLY if I get to keep EG.

Especially so given that he still seems intent on heading to LaLa land.

don grahamleone likes this.
  10. don grahamleone

So when Anderson is hitting threes you don't think he's an asset? MDmA has the guy nailed down right now... if he's hitting he plays, if he isn't he sits. That sounds like a potential weapon to me. Not a liability. And when he is hitting, his defense is very very serviceable. If you disagree about his overall defense this year, I think you're not watching all the games.

This doesn't sound like you. Which one are you? The person in this thread or the person that said this earlier this year?

#110 don grahamleone, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I would not do that trade. George is going to Los Angeles next year, he doesn't mind losing there for a couple years.

Gordon is a massive value for 2.5 more seasons

12. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Oddly, I think the only trade that makes sense for OKC is Melo/George for Ryno/EGo/Black because of contracts. George only has Bird rights value and Melo is a liability. EGo has value and Anderson is a liability. The trade is less about stars and more about removing liabilities. Having said that, I don't believe Presti will ever trade with us unless the Beard takes him partying with him, roofies him up, and blackmails him with the photos.

13. thekad

thekad Member

Unfortunately, most people here hardly watch any games.

Paul George doesn't have a great handle which is why he frequently gets his shots off screens and catch and shoot jumpers. The shots he takes are actually easier than the shots Gordon takes, despite what we would commonly believe. Obviously George is an elite defensive talent, but his offensive game might actually be slightly worse than Gordon's.

Teams who switch would gain an advantage because of George's weaknesses as an isolation player.

Cashmoney likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah im sure okc fans have tons of credibility with the way their season is going. what else are they going to say. our players are doing great!

i cant really take someone who thinks swaggy p is better than ariza defensively that seriously anyway

#114 YOLO, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol you are severely fooled. im not even going to start to bash on EG and what he isnt good at bc i love him on this team and his role. you can continue to be delusional as you wish

roslolian, True Rocket and Reeko like this.
  16. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

This all day everyday.... This trade is a no brainier and the homerism on this page kills me sometimes. When you get a shot at a Paul George you take it every time.

I don't think Eric Gordon is enough to get this done but I am even willing to throw in Ryan Anderson

They would have to add Patrick Patterson

but it would be a great trade for both teams...

Capela
    George
    Ariza
    Harden
    Paul

Nene
    Patterson
    Tucker
    Luc

gives us a legit shot at a championship or 2/3

17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

everything is just going right at the moment. just wait til a couple losses start coming bc they are. the attitudes will flip. it always does around here. you can really separate who is following the game and who isn;t

slickricky likes this.
  19. thekad

thekad Member

I'm very aware of EG's weaknesses. He's a mediocre playmaker at best. He's also undersized. Paul George has great size and can make tougher shots, but he's also a mediocre playmaker and often takes tough shots because his handle isn't good enough to get easier ones.

Remember when Parsons was being guarded by Aldridge four years ago and couldn't drive by him? Put a big or a bad defender on Gordon and he's going to get a layup or get fouled.

20. rockpileindisma

Please explain how you know that