1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Gordon for a possible Paul George rental?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thekad, Dec 13, 2017.

?

Would you trade EG for PG?

1. Yes

54 vote(s)
    20.7%
  2. No

116 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. Only if PG agrees to re-sign

91 vote(s)
    34.9%
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, not a chance. Gordon is vital and PG13....well

[​IMG]

TexAg713 and hakeem94 like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Gordon would be right there too, but he’s averaging 14.7 shots a game instead of 15+

Ego shoots the exact same percentage as Melo...40.4%

roslolian, ajc123, IvanLCPM and 4 others like this.
  3. Normalus

Normalus Member

No. But I would trade Ryan Anderson :eek:

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup that definitely wasn't a good use of stats to make a case for EG

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  5. OTMax

OTMax Member

Also, while it’s fun to discuss, Morey won’t do it since there’s a chance at Lebron. No matter how little, that along with our success means Morey won’t even entertain the thought.

TexAg713 likes this.
  6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Damn. That's tough.

For a D'Antoni offense, I have essentially marked Eric Gordon as damn near untouchable, but turning EG into Paul George would be unreal.

YOU ARE TEARING ME APART LISA!!!

roslolian and hakeem94 like this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

I disagree. If morey had a legitimate chance at pg13 he would go for it. its no secret that was on his agenda when hou got cp3 to add pg13 in the mix

he fits what the rockets are trying to do just as much

but yeah it could be like your prediction of houston having no chance in beating GS in the opener...

RudyTBag and hakeem94 like this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Good eye, I guess I didn't realize how much Gordon has been struggling this season till I looked up his numbers just now. It just goes to show why it is so important for the eye test to be backed up with numbers.

Even then, I don't think I'd do the deal.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’d do the deal in 2 seconds if PG is re-signing here, but I admittedly am not as high on Ego as most seem to be on here...I view him as an above average player who can have some big games from time to time but also have stretches of really poor play offensively

PG is the perfect fit for us

10. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

If Lebron is in play, I think it still makes sense for us to try to get PG. IF lebron tells CP3, hey I want to come over, all they have to do is let PG go. They free up a bunch of cap space, and now they just need to get rid of Anderson for Lebron and CP3. Only thing is Lebron would have to make his decision pretty early since I can't see George waiting a while for us to decide. And I think PG would love playing here next to someone who will set him up and give him easy shots and he has a fascination with thicc girls and James can show him the way

11. OTMax

OTMax Member

Another self-righteous poster...things have changed and we are rolling. Lebron would not join a so-so team winning 55 games and losing in the semis or 4-1 to Warriors in the WCF. He might join this version to which Gordon is key.

12. gotsis

gotsis Member

If he commits to resigning I'd do it. Love Gordon, but PG in a functional system and not the mess that is OKC, brings us closer to beating GSW. Imagine a death line up with him at PF.

Having said, if he's traded here we would retain his bird rights so resigning him and CP3 wouldn't be as complex as signing Lebron, right?

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

umm if lebron saw pg13 on this team, it would give him all the more reason to join. I love EG and his role on this team but lets be real here. he is not key to getting someone like lebron.

14. OTMax

OTMax Member

It’s still a big risk. He would come off the bench or Anderson / Ariza goes, so it’s not just replacing a bench guard / wing for another.

15. OTMax

OTMax Member

Hey if it meant we could get a big 4 I’d do it, but there’s no way that happens. Morey is crafty, but he’s not a machine :D

16. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

PG would start at the 3 and then we have tucker and luc still. We would be missing a guard off the bench but the deal won't be done until almost trade deadline since OKC would see if they turned the team around yet and by then I'm sure a few vets will get bought out and who we can use.

17. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

No. Do not want. Paul George is another Melo.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. thekad

thekad Member

Paul-Harden-George-Ariza-Tucker would be a great crunch time lineup.

Unfortunately LRMAM would lose his playing time for the most part.

19. Fantasma Negro

I don't want to give up anymore first round picks (Kyle Kuzma), and I don't want to pay Paul George the max when we could pay Mircotic a quarter of that next summer and get better shooting. Plus I like EG, always wanted him on our squad, George will be in LA next year why destroy chemistry for that dumbass? Do not want. Now if Morey wants to facilitate a threeway that brings us lets say a Brandon Ingram for some seconds and B.Brown by all means get that **** crackin but other than that, pass

20. Lunareste

Lunareste Member

Depends on who the free agents are this coming offseason.

If Paul George works out, well, we're competing with the Warriors and we probably beat them.

If he doesn't and he does leave for LA, we have room for a huge contract and a great player, Lebron included.

s3ts likes this.