1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Capela for Thon Maker?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jun 13, 2016.

?

Would you trade Capela for Thon Maker?

1. Yes

86 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. No

486 vote(s)
    85.0%
  1. marky :)

marky :) Member

Can't you read? Its for Ron Faker.

2. malakas

malakas Member

a lot of kids were highly recruited before they got to play in college against better competition and got their games exposed.

3. basketballholic

So in other words........Sam Dekker. Because Dekker had a hurt back and didn't play for us last season he's a bust. Likewise Thon. Because he didn't go to college he sucks because we know he would have been exposed.

Illogical.

Capela has been in the league for 2 seasons. Do you not see his limitations? But you're not going to consider Capela's limitations. Rather what you perceive as Thon's limitations even though he hasn't played one minute of NBA ball and is 19 years old.

I don't have any idea at this time how good or bad Thon is going to be. Buy I do have a pretty good idea of how good Capela is going to be. That's why I would do the deal.

#63 basketballholic, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  4. alethios

alethios Member

Capela has improved quite a bit since he was drafted and from my perspective, we can do better in this draft than Thon Maker if we want to trade him for a pick. Maybe low to possibly mid-first round.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Hey DaDakota,

I found another can-kicker!! ^^

1 person likes this.
  6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

We should be able to get a mid 1st for Capela. I think someone will pickThon in the 1st because of all the hype. IDK if the Rockets should do it though.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Good point. Why would you make the SAFE move and get the 18 or 40-year old Sudanese teenager (who will work for cheap) - when you are TOO CHEAP to pay the Swiss Franc exchange rate.

8. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

We don't know anything to a certainty. This move could really hurt us if it doesn't pan out. We already had our risky trade with Ty Lawson I'm good for now.

9. basketballholic

Yeah, simply don't agree. "Really hurt us" implies we're giving up a possible star/superstar. Capela just isn't destined for that level. He IS a role player.

10. danoman

Really hurt us implies. The team did not benefit from the trade, while losing a 1st round pick. We can disagree on this but if I was a business man I wouldn't want to repeatedly gamble.

11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Why can't we just draft Thon Maker and keep Capela?

Why do we have to trade him.

Scintillating reading yet again.

12. dmoneybangbang

Dekker played for 3 years on a good Wisconsin and was the second offensive option for the last 2 season. Not a great comparison.

A bird in the hand is worth more than 2 in the bush. I'd rather go for Zhou for potential over Maker.

13. dmoneybangbang

And what's wrong with having a good role player in the center spot? Why would you trade a role player who has demonstrated he can play for an unknown who will most definitely spend the first season with the Vipers?

14. Chamillionaire

Michael Leblanc

15. basketballholic

Because you can always get a replacement role player. But you rarely get to acquire a superstar. So you always trade role players for potential superstars unless you already have a championship roster.

16. basketballholic

Why do you prefer Zhou to Maker? What has Zhou shown you that Maker hasn't shown you that makes you prefer his potential over Maker's?

17. dmoneybangbang

And what makes him more "superstar potential-ish" than Zhou who is ranked similarly?

Quite frankly, here in 2016 in the current Rockets situation, we aren't in a position to gamble on the front court if we are serious about jumping right back into the fray.

18. dmoneybangbang

I just view them as very similar players who are equally as risky.

19. danoman

No body is going to trade you their their pick if they can grab a superstar with it. Thon Maker looks good on highlights but we have been fooled before!

I would love to keep Capela for as long as we can hold on to him. Just look at the Warriors they have Bogut, Ezeli and Speights.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rather trade Capela-Bev-Dekker for Eric Bledsoe, sign a legit 5 like Whiteside or Noah and draft whoever is available in 2nd: Maker or Zhou

If Batum or Deng also signed, then trade Ariza for low lottery pick.