1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you still want LeBron on this team if it cost us Capela?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dash, May 8, 2018.

?

Who would you rather have on this team?

1. LeBron

50.6%
  2. Capela

49.4%
  1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I will certainly welcome Lebron if he comes to the Rockets but in my heart I'm not happy with the thought of Lebron just shopping around to get another Championship. I like this team now and I like the hunger and hustle of Capela. I like that CP3 finally got the monkey off his back and his hunger fueled him. Lebron is very likely the best player of this generation but I always get the feeling that he feels entitled to the championship.

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

Don't want LeBron, period.

3. macan

macan Member

no one plays up to their level when they have westbrick as teammate...westbrick makes his teammate worse

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yeah, but 2-16 was bad, even though he was clearly fouled on the last jump shot.

macan likes this.
  5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

This hypothetical keeps coming up ..... and the answer is still the same , they can have both.

The ONLY way Lebron is a Rocket is if he opts in and is traded to Houston. In that scenario , the Rockets have to send out ~$28.7m in salary for matching purposes.

With Capela being a restricted free agent they can go above the cap , into the luxury tax to retain him.

Capela WILL be a Rocket next year period.

The only question is how much luxury tax they pay in the process.

luckyman76 likes this.
  6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Do I need to remind you that Clinty about to be hella expensive next season?!

Meanwhile DJ will come home on the cheap.

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

I think we need to chill on this Lebron talk until the playoffs are over, we’re in the WCF about to face GS.

Game7 likes this.
  9. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Capela is a really good player who fits well but were talking bout Bron here.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

How do you know this? People also said Capela will never outplay Gobert and KaT and thats exactly what he did.

I'm a big Lebron fan but Capela is only 23 years old. You hold onto him you have an allstar level big man for the next decade and a half.

MichaelSpartan likes this.
  11. bmelo

bmelo Member

Michael Jordan or Alonzo Mourning? c'mon now people....

A00man and saleem like this.
  12. saleem

Capela has made very good progress on defense and rebounding, but 5 points and 5 rebounds after a splendid Game 4, shows inconsistency. Lebron is a diva, but he is a team player. There is no doubt that he is a true superstar and HOF. Even one more great year from him would take Houston to great heights.

13. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

So? His playoff 3pt% is 37% on high volume, and he's hovered at 40% in the last 4 years. Other than defense and utilizing his creation to get to the rack, three point shooting is the contribution we would emphasize. To put that into perspective, JJ's lifetime playoff 3pt% was 36%. KD's lifetime playoff 3pt% is 34%. LBJ 33%. Right now we're shooting 35% in these playoffs.

14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

15. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Capela is the closest thing to the ideal center on a small ball driven team. The Warriors have useless centers who don't fit in their offense while Morey is well ahead of them there.

What the Warriors have is Durant, and we need someone on par with him. We can use LMAM or PJ Tucker at center or even LeBron if we get him vs any small ball team. Capela is a beast but if you get a chance to sell high on him to acquire LBJ you do it.

16. saleem

They have Draymond at the 5. The others provide him support. They are stacked.

17. saleem

PG13 is a beta, maybe he can be a KD type for us, but Bron is an alpha NBA Champion.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Everybody has an off game, Capela has been the most consistent Rocket this entire playoffs how many times did James Harden shoot below 40%? For like 2 mos before the deadline Lebron had the worst plus minus so its not like he can defend consistently anymore.

With Harden and Capela you have a long window, with Lebron the window is just 4 years tops.

We have Ariza, Luc, and Tucker to play the forward spots where Lebron plays. But if we lose Capela we won't have anybody playing C and goodluck trying to get The King to sacrifice and play center full time. Without a center like Capela we would be weakened drastically since the defense would be several times worse.

And if you add Lebron but lose Capela I'm not sure the Rox would be favored against GSW, we would have 3 playmakers but don't have the elite shooters like Klay, Steph and KD who are automatic when left open.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Clint is probably getting a max contract. Paying a guy who is pretty much a hustle player max money seems to be the path to cap hell. Lebron at 33 is the best player in the league. If you redid this poll after we get Lebron it will be 99-1 in favor of Lebron. I know we still have our Lebron haters.

saleem likes this.
  20. saleem

There is no such thing as a long window in the NBA. Many great teams have never made it. Capela is not KG, he isn't Giannis either. He is valuable. Lebron would make him even more deadly with constant 48 minutes pressure from Harden, Chris and him. Let's hope for the best against the Warriors. We really need to pick our game up a couple of notches from Game 1. Go Houston Rockets!