1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you include Eric Gordon in a sign and trade for Paul George?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, May 31, 2018.

?

Let me get yall opinion on this

1. Yes

80.3%
  2. No

19.7%
  1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Eric Gordon and Trevor Ariza do not play well in the playoffs.

hakeem94 and MyLateRegistration like this.
  2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Way too many people here suddenly think PG is fine with anywhere but LA.

PG has already come out and said repeatedly he's heading to LA. He doesn't care about winning rings, he just wants to live and play there.

He'd be a perfect fit on the Clappers.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Trevor played fine the entire playoffs except 1 game, and now he doesn't play well in the playoffs?
    Gordon hit several game winners and kept us in several games and he doesn't play well in the playoffs?

Did you actually watch the games or are you a box score watcher?

don grahamleone and sammy like this.
  4. sholaemmanuel

sholaemmanuel Member

I will hate to lose EG but why can't we have PG13 and still keep EG? I will preferred to get rid of RYNO and a first round pick to get PG13, perhaps, plus a sweetener in our two-way contract guy, but keep EG.

5. PatBev

PatBev Member

I'd trade EGO for a lot of things. Cant stand watching him fumble the ball every time he dribbles

SF3isBack!! and hakeem94 like this.
  6. solid

solid Contributing Member

I voted "no" because I really like Gordan. But he, like Harden, didn't have an All-Star playoffs. So, to get Paul George, giving up Gordan might be required. I will hate to see him go. He was great during the regular season.

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Because Oklahoma City would almost certainly rather Paul George walk and take the cap/tax benefits than they would take the Ryan Anderson contract (on top of Melo!). Can't imagine that a late 1st round pick and a random two-way contract guy is anywhere near enough to outweigh the negative of Ryan's deal. You'd have to give them a real asset, which is EG.

joshuaao and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  8. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I would drive Eric Gordon to the airport if it meant obtaining Paul George. Sorry.

9. JazzLakerHater

I would imagine PG would be a lot easier to get than Lebron because Gordon would be a very enticing trade piece to put next to Westbrook. Only problem is, I think his heart is already in LA.

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

He's fine when he isn't a primary ball handler. Having CP3 took a ton of pressure off him, that's why he was so exposed without Paul.

As third ball handler he was deadly AF.

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. MyLateRegistration

Forgot G7? Oh, yeah.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

My problem this postseason was when he did not play that consistently against Utah and Minny, we still came through easily but he should have had several big games.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Gordon hit key shots in WCF, am not saying he played great but he played above average against the warriors and was trying his best.

round 1 and round 2 I can say he was abysmal

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Learn to read.

don grahamleone likes this.
  15. PatBev

PatBev Member

What I predict anytime he dribbles the ball
    [​IMG]

16. Pluplue

Pluplue Member

George isn't committed to us. We don't need someone that's not gonna put their full effort on the court.

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Not sure why you replied with something that sounded like a rebuttal but isn't. He was bad in round 3 as well except a few shots. The stats back up my statements he averaged a full 5 points less in the playoffs and 5% points less as well. He is not a playoffs guy neither is Ariza and Anderson for that matter they completely disappear. As much as I like EG during the regular season we can't afford to have Toronto Raptors playoff players on the Rockets when we're so close to beating the Warriors. Getting rid of them would be optimal. Harden and Paul need people who actually show up.

18. MyLateRegistration

He shot 36% from the field and 28% from 3 in the playoffs. I bet you wanted to say he only had 1 good game lol.