1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you include Eric Gordon in a sign and trade for Paul George?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, May 31, 2018.

?

Let me get yall opinion on this

1. Yes

80.3%
  2. No

19.7%
  1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yeah that was a thought of mines also was we need to get taller/longer.

2. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Talent-wise, PG13 is better than EG. But, something that can't be understated is a player's understanding of his role. EG has been valuable to us and outperformed his intrinsic ability because he is comfortable with being the 6th man and 3rd fiddle to Harden and Paul. He also has performed the challenging feat of being able to seamlessly step into the starting lineup when Paul gets hurt without disrupting chemistry. I wonder if PG13 is ok with being the 3rd fiddle. With two creators who need the ball in their hands, PG will have to be comfortable with not being part of the play every possession. There will be some possessions where he's just going to be standing at the 3 point line. You saw some of the gripes he had at OKC when he wasn't getting involved. He's going to have to bury that if he wants to play for the Rockets.

Why not? likes this.
  3. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I would hate to it soooo much, but I would do it in an instant.

As long as they also take Ryan Anderson and picks I am all for it.

EG and WB would be a beast ass backcourt, not even gonna lie.

And they will have a stretch 4 to compliment their game. :p

4. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

5/3/8 in Game 6.

5. bmd

bmd Member

Not a sign and trade as that would trigger a hard cap, but an opt in and trade, yes.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

thats great. doesnt take away from the season he had and how good he is.

box score watchers that are wannabe coaches around here are the worst

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

What about his 34, 8, and 2 in game 5 which was also an elimination game for OKC? Paul George was easily OKC’s best player in that series.

Why not? likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

not sure if serious, but if u are, we all know they’re not taking Ryno...let’s be real bro

9. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

why not... this could def be done.... anderson, gordon, picks for PG and fillers.

Thunder are cap strapped with nowhere to go. They need to add complimentary pieces. Anderson might thrive with WB.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly. . . . I really don't like Paul George. . . .. . He seems like he has alot of Tracy McGrady in him

Rocket River

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  11. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Cant do it. I love EG and ive been vocal about not being a believer in Paul George for a while. Im not a PG fan. Now if we are talking lebron..

12. lionaire

lionaire Member

Wouldn't mind paying him around that much IF he'd sign a short-term deal. However, I believe that keeping Gordon while signing a lesser free agent like a Tyreke or Bradley could yield us similar production while improving depth and maintaining flexibility.

Little Bit likes this.
  13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Good comparison. If Tmac was a 2nd or 3rd option.. what a team.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That is a good point

Rocket River

15. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Absolutely, especially since I'm not convinced Ariza will be back in free agency. My priority is re-signing Capela. He's only 23 on this aging team and I think he can still get better. We have to lock him up, look what he did to bigger names like KAT and Gobert, he dominated them. George, however will more than likely end up back in LA with LeBron IMO.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yes. I think we would have a great chance to land Reddick with our MLE if we traded Gordon this offseason, which would significantly lighten the sting of losing EGO.

joshuaao likes this.
  17. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

LOL Paul George is a better offensive player than gordon

18. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

No you dont want to gut players that are important for the matchup vs golden st. Sacrificing a player like capela would greatly reduce our starting center position so the upgrade of gordon to george isnt as valuable. Losing gordon would mean we need to keep the other glue guys so we can continue to switch everything. You dont just add george and gut the team and what we do

19. cebu

cebu Member

EG and Ryan.

20. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Why would any team, much less a Western conference contender, strap themselves with Anderson’s contract?