1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you include Eric Gordon in a sign and trade for Paul George?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, May 31, 2018.

?

Let me get yall opinion on this

1. Yes

80.3%
  2. No

19.7%
  1. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

It's the offseason so I wanna get yall's opinion on this.

Assuming PG would be down to come to the Rockets, would you do this trade? OKC would get back a complimentary piece to go along with Westbrook who I think would be a better fit for their squad.

2. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Trade to OKC, EG gets tired of Westbrook, bring him back for cheap.

3. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Doesnt this have to happen for that to work?

good lord anyone who wouldnt is a crazy person

Paul George is just as good a shooter as eric gordon. Eric is a good defender. Paul George is also very good but longer and even better for this system. It means ariza is a bench player. Holy cow!! The defensive switching we could do and sacrifice zero offense would be ludicrous.

Id hate to see gordon on okc but well do what you gotta do

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Paul George has better percentages, is by far the better player, although I think Gordon is a fiercer competitor when it matters.

But yeah. Versatility and talent win out.

That said OKC would be helping us.

kjayp and dkim1984 like this.
  5. igotwhipscollectingdust

Nope, we need all the offense we can get. Gordon is very important for what we do.

Ramo$e likes this.
  6. bmelo

bmelo Member

Man yall really trippin. Everybody except Harden and Paul are moveable for PG

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How's this trippin when 17 vote PG and only 3 vote for Gordon?

HakeemOnlyFan and Manny Ramirez like this.
  8. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

This really isn't a question. I love EGO, but man, if you can replace him with George, you do it in a heartbeat.

htownrox1 likes this.
  9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Paul George is a better offensive player than Gordon, in addition to being a better and more versatile defender.

IvanLCPM, dkim1984, apollo33 and 2 others like this.
  10. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I LOVED what I saw from EG against GS. That dude wanted it so bad and he stepped up big time. Which is would make it really hard, but the answer is yes. Paul George is a 2nd tier star that would make us the favorites IMO.

If LeBron turns us down, PG is the next move.

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It’s a reluctant Yes due to attachment. Love the dude heart against GSW. But PG is on a different level.

arabrocket and daywalker02 like this.
  12. igotwhipscollectingdust

13. Chamillionaire

PG13 was at one point before breaking his leg the 2nd or 3rd best 2 way player behind LeBron. Yeah, we trade anyone outside of James and Chris if we have any chance of landing him. LeBron is the guy we get though...

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'd say yes, even though, i'd also say only if he's willing to commit to resign. And btw, just thinking about this, in this scenario George would get maxed the year after at a starting salary of 35M i think, that's almost three times what Gordon is making, i love George as a player, but i wonder if that would be really worth it...what kind of player we could get with those 20M while keeping Gordon? Like, just throwing names out there, what if we would be able to get Tobias Harris or Aaron Gordon, what's better between Gordon + Harris/Gordon and George?

#14 Vivi, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
    saleem likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

How else would u get OKC to agree to a trade? Ego can go for PG all day, this shouldn’t even be a question. PG>>Ego

dkim1984 likes this.
  16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Eg can no longer shoot at a respectable rate. Sorry

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I like George too, but he faded away against a a relatively weak team like Utah in game 6. How can the Rockets rely on him in the clutch against GS? I do know that he is better than EG, but EG/Aaron Gordon would be really nice. It is impractical though, since Aaron is a RFA. I like Tobias too. It's going to be hard to acquire him in my opinion.

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, also for LeBron as well. EG is a good player, but he really isn't a good shooter, just a streaky one I realize that PG shat the bed in the Thunder's last playoff game, but I could easily see EG shooting that same percentage.

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Of course you make that trade. EG can be replaced. PG is one of the best players in the league. Can you imagine the death lineups the Rockets could run out there with George, CP3, Harden, Tucker, and any 5th player?

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, pretty much we should hope that Magic/Clippers are ok in trading them for Anderson and a couple of 1st rounders so...as for George i don't know, but i think you pick every player that plays with Westbrook and Melo, you put him next to Harden and Paul, and he's going to play better.