1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you guys rather get...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Vivi, Jun 22, 2017.

?

Would you rather go after

1. George + Paul (or Lowry/Holiday)

57.9%
  2. Porzingis + Melo

42.1%
  1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Just wondering (for fun at this point)...would you guys rather trade "everything" to get Porzingis and Melo, or you would prefer to trade for the rental of George and try to sign Paul (or Lowry etc...)?

Let's say both scenarios would require us to lose in one way or another Anderson, Ariza, Lou, Pat or Gordon, picks, Dekker...basically everything except Harden, Capela, Pat or EG and a couple of rookie scale guys.

What scenario do you like more? Just curious.

EDIT: on a side note, obviously George + Paul would make us better than Porzingis + Melo, but i wanted to consider the fact that George would come with the risk of being a rental, while Porzingis would be locked for many years.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Honestly, I would rather CP3+ George + Butler + Hayward + Porkzingis

I'm ok without Fat Melo and Brook Lopez

Pen15clubber likes this.
  3. rocketseagles07

George plus Paul....They both help so much in weak areas. Paul right now even at his age is a better defender than beverley. George can guard the best player plus get buckets. On top of all that paul can be our ball handler in crunch time and limit turnovers

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

No one wants to be Melo....

[​IMG]

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lmao, reminds me of this:

[​IMG]

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

There's a world of difference between Chris Paul and Jrue Holiday. Also between Paul and Lowry. So I'll just pretend those 2 aren't on the poll.

This is an interesting question. Kristaps for long term is nice, but I don't think his injury history can be ignored. Melo could be great IF he accepts a certain type of role with us, but nothing in his career suggests he'd do that.

I'm not really high on PG; I don't think he's as good as he thinks he is. And I don't think he'd stay on a team with Harden and CP; he won't be handling the ball enough to satisfy his misplaced ego. CP is an all-timer and a guy you get if you can and just figure everything else out later. But, he's 32 and has a lot of miles. And he's like 5'11". How often do players his size with his work log remain great after age 32?

So I'd go with Kristaps and Melo. Even though Kristaps has injury history (and generally an unusual build) and even though I don't believe Melo will play the way we'd want him to. But, hey, maybe those Zingis injuries were more bad luck than a sign of things to come; and, hey, maybe Melo would be humbled after being discarded by the Knicks (and his wife). So that's why I'd choose that duo.

ghettocheeze and Pen15clubber like this.
  7. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

Melo did not buy into the coaches system in NY what makes anybody think he will now!

Remlap likes this.
  8. Garner

Garner Member

It could be Fab Melo and Porzingis for all I care.

Porzingod is a unicorn.

Gorki and kjayp like this.
  9. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

On paper, Porzingis and Melo fit D'antoni's system perfectly. Porzingis has the potential to be able to do everything Cappela can do, as well as step out for three pointers.I think that's pretty much the paragon of what D'antoni wants in his center. A pick and roll monster who can catch lobs as well as step back for three pointers or camp in the corner. Melo works perfectly from a skill set standpoint as a power forward who can shoot threes, create his own offense, and be on the receiving end of Harden passes. Unfortunately, Melo doesn't seem interested in playing PF. Also unclear to me if he didn't like D'antoni's system because he likes to massage the ball first or because there just wasn't a good enough passer on the team to make it worthwhile for him. It's too bad because with Harden initiating the attack, it would be the closest Melo could ever get to Olympic Melo, that assassin who catches the ball on the move and makes a move so quick no one has time to react.

13 in 33 likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

perimeter oriented game. ill take a loaded 3 of cp3, harden, PG

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i just put them in the poll cause we might not be able to get Paul even if we get George, but at the same time i assume we would easily get one of them anyway.

Let's say it's more about: make one trade and you're done, or make a risky trade + a risky attempt in free agency.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'd bet on porzy

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, tbh i actually forgot about the Melo-MDA drama lol

14. threepointshot3

Prozi and Harden combo would be amazing but a Paul, Harden and George core to go with Ariza and Clint would be amazing.

Paul
    Harden
    George
    Ariza
    Clin/Nene

starting 5 is seriously good!

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I just want to GET it over with already.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It's too tough to even say who would be our best "get". Has any player let us know on the sly that he wants to be in Houston (as opposed to an agent using us in the media to force a team to pay its player or he "walks to Houston")? That would be a guy to chase.

Pursuing Chris Paul is great and all, but how outlandish? Could we find our way into a Top 5 pick somewhere (unlikely) and get Porzingis (the Knicks have coveted Beverly, if we add him to the top 5 pick we're unlikely to get), dumping salary so that CP3 becomes possible, then re-sign Porzingis to his big contract in a year?

If I'm Daryl Morey, the answer is, "Whomever the f*** I can get, that's who I prefer."

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

They were also after Gordon last summer fwiw.

Tbh, i wouldn't be shocked if we would be able to get Minnie pick with a combination of our players...Pat, Ariza and Gordon should be all very interesting for the Wolves and New York, i guess so at least...

The ideal scenario would be to trade Ariza and Gordon/Anderson to Minnie with fillers for the 5th pick and send that to NY with Pat...i wonder if that would be enough for Phil...i don't think so but who knows...

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

I see a lot of Porzingis fans btw, Melo is the weakest part in both scenarios.

19. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'll deal with Melo to get Porz....assuming that includes ditching Ryno...
    and will take that option over injury prone 32 yr old CP3 and a 1 yr rental for a guy that doesnt want to be here...

20. Remlap

Remlap Member

Porzingis - WANT
    Melo - NO THANKS