1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you continue a relationship with your ex-girlfriend/boyfriend after broke up?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CRC, Jul 22, 2003.

Tags:
  1. CRC

CRC Member

This is something I really wanna know. If you broke up a relationship with someone, would you feel confortable to keep in touch & still be friends with your Ex? If you can't forget about your ex after broke up, would you consider to get back together with him/her again?

2. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I did, I have, and I am considering getting back together with her at this moment.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

been there, done that...and it only caused more heartache.

4. CRC

CRC Member

RocketMan Tex,

So did you & your ex were still friends during broke up? What's her reaction about this?

5. CRC

CRC Member

MadMax,

So are you still having the same problem with your girlfriend as before? Do you think it will workout?

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I believe Max is married, CRC, so I doubt it will work out.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

In my experience. Very tough to do. One person always ends up seeing the other person flirt with someone and then you have problems. Or, the other boyfriend or girlfriend kicks in with "Why are you still seeing your ex, please don't do that." The longest I have been able to hold the friends thing was 3 months. Mostly I never see them again. Or if I do, it's basically hello and goodbye. I sadly think that works best for everyone. Especially if the word "love" was used.

8. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

We remained friends during and after breakup. Deep down, I believe she would like to get back together, as would I. She is afraid of being vulnerable again, so we have been taking it very slow. Only time will tell.

9. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

this depends upon the circumstances that you broke up.

10. CRC

CRC Member

I see, thanks for answering that Manny... I would like to hear people's opinion on this topic as a reference for making my own decisions... So if you guys & even better ladies would like sharing any thoughts, it would be much appreciated :)

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

yeah...Manny's right! i don't think it's gonna work out! :)

this was my high school flame...a girl i dated for about 2 years..her family was really close to mine...made breaking up a b****...she played me out over the course of a few months or so, making it really hard for me to actually break. finally, i did...but not without some considerable pain in there for a while. i carried a flame for her well past that time...

but met a girl at college and quickly became really good friends with her...we were both dating other people, so our relationship was entirely platonic...after a couple of years we realized, "what the hell are we doing? you're the last person i talk to every night...the first person i want to tell when something funny/good/bad happens to me...the person i spend most of my time with...you're my best friend...oh, and by the way, you're hot...so why aren't we dating again?" our friendship was so important to us both that we were unwilling to risk anything more...i'm glad we did. i'm sure our 3 year old son is, too. :D

keep the faith...you never know where life will lead you next.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Yea depends
    I have . . and most times it is ok
    others. . . not so good

Rocket River
    continuing with the sexu afterwards. . .well that is normally kewl ;-)

13. codell

codell Contributing Member

Best reason to stay friends with your Ex:

Jerry: Why shouldn't we be able to do that once in a while if we want to?

Elaine: I know.

Jerry: I mean, really, what is the big deal? We go in there. (Points to the bedroom) We're in there for a while. We come right back out here. It's not complicated.

Elaine: It's almost stupid if we didn't.

Jerry: It's moronic.

Elaine: Absurd!

Jerry: Of course, I guess, maybe, some little problems could arise.

Elaine: We, there are always a few.

Jerry: I mean, if anything happened, and we couldn't be friends the way we are now, that would be really bad.

Elaine: Devastating.

Jerry: Because this is very good. (Points back and forth between them to indicate friendship)

Elaine: And that would be good. (Points to bedroom)

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, right. You may have said that, but there's no way she did! :D

Eh, I struggle with this currently. Part of me really wants my ex in my life because she's been the best friend I've ever had. However, I'm certainly not ready to hear about anyone that she may be dating. Also, it'd be much too easy to fall back into things if we saw each other everyday. Not that I'd care, but she doesn't want that, so it's impossible right now.

15. CRC

CRC Member

That's what I thought too... After I broke up with my ex... we tried to be friends, but ended up very uncomfortable... I tried to treat her as "ordinary" friends but never worked out... She's not appreciate the way I'm treating her (as a friend) but both of us knew we can't be in a relationship at the time... I ended up thinking there are only 2 ways that I'll contact her again...1) when I'm certain she's the one & I can overcome the differences between us or 2) When both of us feel comfortable to just be ordinary friends... which I never doubt will happen...

16. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I can and have but usually the choice is by the ex who cannot seem to keep the friendship going. I do have the luxury of usually being the one to break the relationship so it's been easier for me. But I have been on the receiving end and do find it hard at first but over time I am able to put aside my differences and stay friends.

17. CRC

CRC Member

When you said friends... are you treating her any diffrently & is she comfortable with it?

18. CRC

CRC Member

I know, & we have have different personalities... but I would love to hear others opinion/experience on this...

19. coma

coma Contributing Member

I'm currently rooming with my ex-fiancee.

As f*cked up as you think that might be, it's every bit as. It all depends on the situation, and the maturity of the two people involved.

20. CRC

CRC Member

Complicated eh... I'm feeling the same way right now... I don't want to hear/know much about my Ex's life until I feel like we can continue our relationship... tough...