1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst Gadgets of the Decade

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JeeberD, Dec 30, 2009.

Tags:
  1. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

2. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

LMAO at the Hotdoll!

3. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Hey, i actually own a CueCat but I like it. It came with computer software I use to catalog and organize the DVDs/Blurays my son and I own. What;s cool about the CueCat is that all I have to do is scan the barcode of the DVD/Bluray case with it and it works along with the software to just add the movie to my catalog.

4. Yak

Yak Member

I remember a few years back when I was walking around in the EB Games in the Galleria and I came across the big display for the n-Gage.

I thought to myself, "man, I wish I was cool enough to get me one of these things."

I guess I never will be.

5. AXG

AXG Member

What about the Cybiko? I remember how hyped this was in middle school in the early 2000s. It totally flopped and was discontinued after a few years.

6. kikimama

kikimama Member

I had the Iomega HipDrive MP3 player. I thought I was so cool b/c I had one of the first mp3 players in middle school. Since it used floppy disk like tape as the data medium, it made that floppy disk sound every time it went to a new song. Very cool!

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, they always miss the boat......it looks way different from the inside than the outside.

Friggen crooks....

DD

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I was one pop a shot ball from winning a Segway.

Cuttino sank 13 in 30 secs, I only got 12. :mad:

I admit to owning(used to own actually) a cablecard, an original PSP w/UMD and several devices with various Sony flash memory.

9. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

There's really nothing wrong with the Sony memory or the PSP - I never bought a UMD Movie for my PSP though.

The PSP is actually probably the coolest device ever for a gamer in the decade. I have a complete library of all the good games for the NES, SuperNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, and Commodore 64 - and they all fit on one little chip (along with a few PSP games). An unlocked PSP is a modern-day miracle for retro and other gaming in a portable format. The only drawback is a sucky D-pad.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The cell phone. Sure, it predates the decade, but it's use exploded over the last ten years, as the way it is used, their size and the technology available, increased immensely. Why do I include it here? Because it is the single, biggest assault on our personal freedom from technology that I can think of. As someone who grew up in the 1950's, with AT&T's ubiquitous heavy plastic telephone with it's classic ring and a "dial," I remember how marvelous it was to get in the car, say "I'll see you later!" and know that unless I desired it, no one, and I mean no one, would know what you were doing, know where you were, or have any ability to alter your plans. It was wonderful and it simply doesn't exist today. That freedom is gone and likely gone forever. A person can say that you can leave the cell phone at home or turn it off, but just try it and see what your boss, your wife or girlfriend, or your buddies have to say about it when they can't reach you.

That freedom is gone.

1 person likes this.
  11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Man, I knew a guy in 2001 who thought the Segway was going to literally change the world as we know it.

I told him it was too bulky, expensive, and impractical for everyday use.

I wish I still knew that guy so I could laugh at him.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Don't want people bugging you?

Don't get a cell phone.

13. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

So true.

14. wesnesked

wesnesked Contributing Member

The PlayStation EyeToy actually makes a pretty good webcam. There was also a really good work-out game called 'Kinetic' for it that gave a really good workout. The only problem with it was you needed to have a big enough room to do the exercises and had to wrap something around your hands to get camera to recognize them

15. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I think we had a CueCat when I was a kid.

Considered buying the Sirius s50, but ended up getting an Ipod and a Sirius radio.

16. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I have to admit, the first time I rode a Segway a few years back while on vacation, it was pretty fun. Rather interesting how responsive it is to your movements.

It's a shame it has yet to go much of anywhere (and is probably crazy expensive, I don't know). Not too mention you look kind of dumb riding one.

17. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

Man, this post just reminded me that I actually owned one of those. It was a piece of ****. It was hyped and didnt live up to what it actually said it did. Waste of a $100 I believe.

18. lpbman

lpbman Member

Oh yeah? well your face looks dumb!
    [​IMG]

19. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

you're mean lol.

20. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

The only thing I've had is/are/were the different Sony Memory Stick formats.

In 10 years I've only had one lose data unexpectedly, but it was immediately after I backed it up on a hard drive.

I can't really complain about that.