1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worriers Tanking for Top Pick?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

u never know...with the changes to the lotto odds that were made, u don’t have to be the worst of the worst to get a very good pick, and if they do want to be on the level of these sh*t tier teams, all they gotta do is sit Curry out with “injuries” and they’ll be absolutely horrible

Lakers were the 11th worst team last year and got the 4th pick...NOP jumped up to 1st

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That just shows a pure shooter with mediocre other abilities ain't going anywhere without a great supporting cast.

Should have expanded his game in younger years.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Even if Curry sits out they still have Russell and Draymond those are two all stars other teams dont even have 1. Plus, if they are horrible then I'm sure GSW GM will trade Russ for more help, they arent gonna tank unless the whole team gets injured.

Are you in favor of the Rox tanking right now and just sitting Harden for the whole season? Since you think its easy for GSW to get a top pick then it should be easier for the Rox right? They havent even won a ring for more than 2 decades whats waiting 1 more year?

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Are you serious? Curry doesnt just shoot he has great 1v1 and creation abilities. You are acting like he is Ryan Scrubberson wtf. The only thing Curry sucks at is defense and even then he isnt a huge defensive liability he is just mediocre to below average.

When's the last time a pure shooter with mediocre other abilities won unanimous MVP?

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

#LightYears ?

Nook likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

No, his defense is a pretty damn big liability and it is being exposed without stars surrounding him at all time.

Icehouse, Deuce and clutchdabear like this.
  7. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Don’t think they are intentionally tanking. The team is just flat out garbage right now. DLo is not a good compliment to Steph and more significant is that Steph is not really the kind of player that can carry garbage teammates. He’s just not physically capable of doing that. Obviously, he lacks physical strength but when that is coupled with the lack of elite speed and elite one on one skills, his insane shooting becomes less of a threat due to lack of open looks. Ideally, Curry needs other very good shooters so defenses can’t zone in on him. He also needs a lot of help defensively to make up for his deficiencies on that end (not for a lack of trying). I have always suspected Steph to be a product of his team’s system rather than a truly great player. He’s probably the greatest system player ever, but he’s just not physically built to carry a crappy team the way Harden, LeBron, and other truly transcendent players can.

#27 Elephant810, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    roslolian and clutchdabear like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Please don’t compare the Rockets to what GS is right now, that doesn’t make any sense. We are not in the same situation as them. The Rockets are a contender while GS is a fringe playoff team at best this year.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah but according to you its so easy to tank for picks thats why you are so worried right? Just tank, flip that pick for a better player ez. But the reality is there are reasons why both Rox and GSW won't pack it up and tank unless they got no other choice. That's why your fears are kinda groundless GSW wont shelve draymond and Curry they are gonna try and stay alive till Klay comes back. Losing to OKC is bad but OKC is still a decent team with Steven Adams, Cp3 and Gallo who was prob the Clippers' best player last season. If they lose by 20 pts to the Hornets or Wizards ok then they are tanking.

GSW has 3 allstars Rox have 2. Nobody outside Houston considers Harden better is than Curry and most people agree Draymond is better than WB. In a lot of non Rox fans' eyes both GSW and Houston are in the same situation. Cowherd doesnt even think Houston will make the playoffs and lots of the power rankings didnt have Houston top 4.

#29 roslolian, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

GSW up now by 20 pts vs Pels I guess they didnt get the memo on how to tank for a top pick.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Hmm, I didn’t know the Pelicans were some great team. I guess GS was gonna lose every game this year. Keep reaching tho.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nah you are the one reaching arguing GSW is somehow gonna tank and get a top pick.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

I never said they were gonna tank and get a top pick. Matter of fact, my 1st post in this thread was that u don’t open up a new arena, charge ridiculous prices, and then tank. I also called them a fringe playoff team. Your reading comprehension is straight trash. Now you’re just wasting my time.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yes your first post is they weren't gonna tank and got a top pick but your succeeding posts were:

So I guess you never said they were gonna tank and get a top pick except when you said it would be better for them to tank and get a top pick. Check yourself, before you wreck yourself.

15. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Not a big deal, but they did resign Looney.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

omg dude...I said it would be better for them to tank...that doesn’t mean that I think they actually will

c’mon man, u should be better than this...read what is actually being posted

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

If you don't think they are gonna tank then stop arguing with me saying they are gonna tank wtf!

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

I never said they are gonna tank...your reading comprehension is pretty bad

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

great lotto pick for the Warriors incoming......season was a lost one before it even started anyways