1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by B, Dec 6, 2004.

1. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

1) I've only seen lag in 2 situations. Sometimes you get "loot lag," where when you loot a dead corpse, it takes forever to get the items. Lately, when mining ore, I've gotten this. The second situation is when there are like 30 different people on your screen, but that kind of lag is to be expected. As for queues, it depends on the server. I've never had to wait once to get on my server, Burning Blade. On the packed servers, you may have to wait.

2) Yes. There are professions and secondary professions. You can only have two professions (engineering is a profession). If you want to learn a new skill, you'll have to give up one of the professions. As for secondary professions (like fishing and mining), I believe you can only have two of those as well at one time.

2. B

B Contributing Member

Since we seem to have more interest in the game, and a good number of people starting out, we should list the servers we play on and the names of the characters so we can team up/share items at some point.

Burning Blade - PVP server
    BHunter - orc hunter

Icecrown - normal server
    Gkar - human priest
    Mollari - gnome mage
    Lanier - night elf druid
    Ivanova - human rouge

B

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Burning Blade - PVP

Tauren Shaman

4. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

I've looked into buying this but don't want to get caught up in the hype (a la Everquest, which I never really liked despite trying it for almost a year). I like creating characters more than playing them I guess. I've been looking at the various boards and seem to like paladins, but I'm open to opinions.

Finally, I'm only able to play 2 or 3 days at a time. Are you able to advance the character when you get to play a couple days at a time, or does it require a rather large time dedication?

5. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

As for playing I don't know but you do have to invest a pretty good bit to get the game loaded. It is four disks then you have a crap load of updates. I am almost exhausted just from the install.

6. B

B Contributing Member

Actually, it helps quite a bit when you don't play for a while. You get a "rested" bonus based on how long between times you played. While you have this bonus all mobs you kill give you double experience. If you don't have a ton of time to play, I'd recommend the normal server vs. the PVP server.

B

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well, I've played for about 5 hours and have a level 7 Shaman.

8. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I finally played about 2 hours tonight and got a Human Paladin up to lvl4. I am probably going to switch over to Burning Blade though. Ther was some problem with it while I was signing in so I could not get on there.

9. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Is this WOW rpg like where you have one character or do you command a company of little characters like in war caraft and war craft ii?

Mark

10. B

B Contributing Member

You just have one character, but you can join a group with up to 4 other characters, and 1000s of other players are online playing in the same world.

B

11. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

ok i'm thinking about buying this game, can anybody tell me why this is better r worse then other game's in this genre?
    i cannot play it alot, does that matter alot?
    thanks in advance

12. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I have never played Everquest, so I cannot comment on that the only other MMORPG I have played is City of Heroes. I enjoyed it immensely but I am also enjoying WoW. IF you cannot play it all the time this game accounts for that. When you are logged off you build up battle rest. While "rested" you accumulate douple XP for kills. This allows you to catch up quicker for the time you missed.

13. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

My roommate has missed so much class and avoided nearly all personal human contact since the beta came out.

14. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

How much does this game cost? I hear you have to pay monthly to play

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Around $50 depending on where you buy it, and yes, there is a monthly fee.

Sincerely,

Telegan
    Level 12 Tauren Shaman :)

16. arno_ed

how much is the monthly fee?

17. arno_ed

how is the fighting? is it like baldurs gate? oor more man to man, like return of the king?
    hos are the secundaire skills? is it easy to learn? or can they be difficult?
    thanks in advance

18. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

realized I never posted my characters.

Dragonblight:
    Castor- Human Paladin

IceCrown:
    Manuel- Human Paladin

Burning Blade:
    I am about to start a Horde hunter character but I haven't come up with a name. If amyone wants to donate a good one, I'd be obliged.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think per month it's like $13 or $14 - I forget. You can pre-pay multiple months and get a buck or two off. I think the first 30 days are free.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Castor
    Castor Oil

When do you guys play on the Burning Blade? Maybe we can form a group. I'm at level 13 right now, so I've done most of the quests in the first couple of cities. I'm over in the Crossroads now.

I usually play late at night, especially if there's a Rockets game. Somewhere around 10pm - 2am on weekdays. Weekends, there's no telling. :)