1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by B, Dec 6, 2004.

1. B

B Contributing Member

I picked up the game last night and played it much later than I thought. My initial impressions are very positive. I don't want to get too much into a review at this time, since I haven't even scratched the surface of World of Warcraft.

I thought it would be fun if we could get a group of people from CF.net together in a clan. All clan members have to be either on the Human or Orc alliance (I don't remember what the alliances are called). If you are interested, please reply with which side you would like to be on. If there is enough interest, we may be able to form a clan on each side.

Another issue to think about is which server to play on. I would think one of the central time zone servers is the way to go. I don't know everyone thinks about PVP or normal, so include your preference in your reply also.

Since I'm new to MMORPGs, I think someone else should be the clan leader. I'd be interested in helping with a web site if we ever get to that point.

B

2. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I'm planning on picking this up soon, so I'll definitely be interested. But there's another thread already here...someone else is playing it too, but I forget who it was. Might want to check into that.

Even if there are just a few of us who can play a few nights, it'll be fun.

3. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Well I'm a big fan of Warcraft 2, I haven't given 3 a chance because I've wasted what extra money I had on Rockets tickets. I still play War 2 quite often and am always looking for someone to kill, I mean play it with. If it's 2, I'm game.

Pugs

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i had the thread going on WoW. Im playing the eastern time zone, server namegorefiend . im on the human or "good" side.

my name is calice in the game. drop in and say hi.

as far as the game goes, i would say its better then the other two mmorpg's i have played. very fun easy to find quests and such.

let me know whats up.

5. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I am addicted to this game. I'm a level 25 Tauren Shaman, and I love throwing down the totems. PVP is a blast and "ganking" Alliance idiots is therapeutic. Well, at least until the "Honor System" is put in. But for now... fun, fun, fun!

I'm on the Burning Blade server.

6. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

warcraft 3 was excellent, i thought the story was pretty good considering how awesome warcraft 2 was. blizzard did a good job with that series.

7. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

What is 'ganking'?

8. VesceySux

"Ganking" means running around contested areas and killing "lowbies" (players much lower in level than you). It royally pisses people off. If you don't want to be ganked, TRAVEL IN GROUPS. I've been jumped in Ashenvale too many times to count by roving gangs of Alliance. It happens to everyone. What I DO hate, though, is "corpse camping." Enemies will wait by your corpse, then kill you over and over again. I don't do that, and it's really not cool. (But I WILL drop a Searing Totem near the corpse and run off. A Searing Totem will launch a fireball every 2 seconds at any enemy in the area. *snicker*)

9. Fatty FatBastard

I've never played these games before, but this sounds like a lot of fun. Just running around ticking people off.

Can you "target" certain players so you know when they come back online so you can keep killing them?

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It means geeks are using hip-hop slang. :)

I'm thinking about picking up this game even though I'm against paying for a game and then continuing to pay for it to play it... grrr.

11. VesceySux

Fatty, this isn't really the game for you. Unlike other online games, you can't really talk to the enemy. Coming from Planetside, where you get a "hate tell" every 2 seconds, WoW is rather tame in comparison. What good is "pwning" someone if you can't rub it in their face? Blizzard should really allow you to send messages to the enemy. :mad:

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't played the game. I've gone the even geekier route, and have been playing EQ2. I love it. I don't have near enough time to play it though.

But if anyone else is on the game I will definitely be up for getting a group together in the game.

13. B

B Contributing Member

Are you interested in starting a Horde Clan on Burning Blade server? I wouldn't mind playing Alliance on one server and the Horde on another. That is allowed on one account, correct?

B

14. TheTruth

TheTruth Contributing Member

I just started playing on tuesday. Im a human warrior named 'Kensai' on the Stormreaver server.

I hear its pretty brutal in this server once you get out of the newbie zones.

Really enjoying the game so far...

15. B

B Contributing Member

From what I've been reading the PVP servers are the place to be. I'm on a normal server and I think I may make the switch this weekend. Hopefully we can get a small group here to all play on one PVP server.

B

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I should be pretty much finished with my move this weekend... I think I'll break down and get the game. Although I don't know what the hell I'm doing. :)

17. VesceySux

Yes it is.

Actually, I'm already in a guild called Unity on Burning Blade (we all came from Planetside). Look me up. I go by Rainier. Tauren Shaman for the win!

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Ok, I'm installing the game right now. This better be good. The only reason I'm even taking a chance on it is because it's a Blizzard game - great company.

19. B

B Contributing Member

DoD,

If you want some early help let me know if you are going to play tonight. I'll create a new Horde character on the server VesceySux is playing on (Burning Blade). I think we have to pick the same race to start in the same area.

B

edit:
    I created an Orc Hunter on Burning Blade, name BHunter.

#19 B, Dec 10, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2004
  20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Dang, what's with the Horde? I always play good guys/humans. :)

I just installed and logged on... I don't think I'll do anything else tonight - have to wake up in about 4 hours. Will definitely play a bit this weekend, however.