1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Wojbomb) Rockets talking to several Eastern conference teams about Capela trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

I understand that MDA is using the small ball formation because of the absence of Capela (I still do not understand that he does not use Hartenstein). But if MDA's idea is to play the Playoffs in this way ... he has gone absolutely crazy. If the rumors about the Capela trade go in that direction I think MDA (surely he is not here next year) and Morey could ruin this team.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

This season is a lost cause to me, but why are we trading Capela? This seems like shuffling deck chairs.

Haven't read the whole thread, but just saw this line....

"Because the Rockets are pushing for the playoffs and potential contention, Houston would almost certainly be seeking ready-made assets for Capela, along the with the potential incentive for the Rockets to duck under the luxury tax."

It makes sense now.

mikol13 and saleem like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

He has a really really big mouth.

4. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Trade with Detroit to get Drummond or get Kevin Love

5. riko

riko Member

Why? Rockets are just making a lateral move. It’s virtually the same player

D-rock likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

I think he should give Hartenstein 10-15 minutes a night but he is really bad defensively.

amaru, Tato1971 and D-rock like this.
  7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think the offers that they are getting aren't exciting right now either, that's the reason for talking with multiple teams.

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

This is really a great post. The rumor reminds me of when the Rockets traded Rafer for Lowry. If the Rockets are able to get Collins and a defensive wing out of a trade whether that is Hunter from Atlanta or Covington or Oubre or whoever, it’s going to look like a weird move but I think it’s going to work. Team as is will not win a championship with this core. Russ isn’t going anywhere and neither is James. Capela is the best tradeable asset. I have been a huge supporter and defended him for years but it just doesn’t fit.

joshuaao, BigMaloe, jcmoon and 6 others like this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Agreed!

Signed...

Ron Artest
    James Harden
    Chris Paul
    Russ Westbrook

BigMaloe, mikol13 and JoeBarelyCares like this.
  10. icewill36

icewill36 Member

drummond is better offensively, clint better at defending multiple positions. overall probably not worth it. i dont think this a player they would seriously be looking at

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If this move is made just to get the Rockets under the luxury tax I swear. We don’t deserve Harden or Westbrook if that’s the case in the end. Playing Harden at center on Defense the second half of the season is the height of stupidity. The team winning games with small ball right before the trade deadline is giving them a false sense of achievement.

12. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

They want to form big 3 Miami Heats before

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

He is confusing Morey with Tilly and his spawn.

Those Fertitta's are damn noisy.

Edit: not a trade, but add Dwight to that list. No one knew Rockets were going to get him.

DeBeards, mikol13 and Nook like this.
  14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I like Clint and maybe Morey will work his magic, but who is seriously looking at Clint's contract and skill set and saying "Damn we need to grab him!"

saleem likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

We will see. They are talking to multiple teams because the teams that want Capela may not directly have the players the Rockets want/need.

Morey needs to get at least one very good wing, a bench defender and center that can play 15-20 minutes against bigger 5’s.

He also has cap limitations and Capela and 1-2 first rounders to work with. That is very specific limitations.

joshuaao, BigMaloe, saleem and 4 others like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Multiple teams in the East, reading is fundamental.

Remlap, DeBeards and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Clint is squishy

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yes I read the story thank you for the kind words <3

My post was an opinion that was reiterating saleems point.

D-rock likes this.
  19. icewill36

icewill36 Member

why do you guys think everything is about westbrook ? and why do you think WB and capela is a bad fit ? it seems we started playing better earlier in the year when they starting staggering the minutes so clint came back into the game with the 2nd unit when WB did.

i think moving clint is more about him being our ONLY valuable asset that CAN be moved. we have nothing but minimum players other than EGO who cant be moved. i think they want another good wing so bad they are willing to part with him for the right deal.

jcmoon and Junebball like this.
  20. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Capaela has basically been benched until he is eventually traded because we don't have time for fake injuries.

Small ball is a winnable way of winning and MDA is going to pull off a coach of the year type performance!

JoeBarelyCares likes this.