1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Woj) Rockets tried to acquire DeAndre Jordan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

So I guess the same goes for all but 1 other team?

I swear to god you people are so lazy with your lame attempts at humor.

napalm06, justtxyank, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Tilman/Rocket: "How can I make sure people think I will go over the LT? Ah, I got it, I will try to trade for a guy I KNOW won't be traded like DJ who is entrenched with Kyrie/KD in Brooklyn. BKN will say NO for sure. THEN, I leak to WOJ that "I tried! I tried"

I see you #Tilman. LOL

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Interesting that the only moves that pan out are the ones to save salary and waste assets, and the moves that always fall through the cracks are the ones where Tilman has "authorized Morey to go into the tax"

Typical spin. People seriously cannot still be buying this stuff lmao. Please don't be naive.

#43 J Sizzle, Feb 9, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

An amazing coincidence! Isn't it!?

justtxyank, D-rock and pippendagimp like this.
  5. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

Does the reporting on any team besides ours regularly have a statement (or headline!) that “the owner was willing to spend a bit of tax” attached to it? It just makes Tilman’s reluctance all the more transparent.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we have only 13 contracts on the roster now. we would have more, but those attempted signings/acquisitions just fell through. we just couldn't find more players. unfortunately. but fortunately according to our GM our 13-man roster is ideal as is and he wouldn't add anything anyways. other teams are stupid to dilute their team mojo amongst big 15-man rosters.

jerryclark likes this.
  7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

For all the talk of willingness to spend... it never seems to equate to actual spending...

Maybe the deal(s) just couldnt be made... but then why do we keep jettisoning the components (picks, expiring contracts) that would allow such a move to happen...?

Tillman continually paints us into a corner with his cost cutting moves - then claims he's willing to spend... but we no longer have the assets available to swing a deal... smh...

This is all just lip service and spin to try create the narrative that Tilman isnt a cheap b*stard... smdh...

D-rock likes this.
  8. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Get Cuban interested, and talking to him. Then he'll run home to Houston in a heartbeat!

9. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

So who on the current roster were the Rockets gonna move to make this trade work?

D-rock and kjayp like this.
  10. kjayp

deals/signings that probably fell through...
    guys that didnt want to play for the min... without any assurance of pt...
    guys that didnt want to trap themselves in a lengthy min contract (like House wouldnt)
    and teams wouldnt take a 2nd rd pick and debris for the guy we want...

Big contracts handed out under Tilman:
    CP3 - traded away...
    CC - tradede away....

This dude is just a snake oil salesman...

didnt he even make WB rework his payment plan before pulling of that deal? Nevermind the assets going in and out - its about how the dollars will flow...

D-rock and pippendagimp like this.
  11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yup. Well said. Anybody who buys this spin at this point is embarrassing themselves.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

depleted coaching, training, and scouting staff as well. this guy is pathetic AF

kjayp likes this.
  13. kjayp

SHUT UP AND LISTEN! Tilman was willing to spend uber dollars - but the deal fell through... thats all you need to know - period!

LOL.... Tilman is a joke...

I believe the term 'put your money where your mouth is' was never more appropriate...

jerryclark and IslandB.O.I. like this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Spin: "The Rockets tried hard to sign LeBron James; Tilman Fertitta had authorized Daryl Morey to spend whatever was necessary."

Reality: "Welcome back, Corey Brewer!"

BamBam, napalm06, Deuce and 1 other person like this.
  15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Don't gotta lie to me - Rockets fans

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Yeah,

it’s like Tilman saying : we make an offer to buy Starbucks also.

kjayp likes this.
  17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I don't see what the big story is here - Houston had a trade they wanted(Capela for Covington) and saw an opportunity to ask if the Nets wanted to get rid of Deandre in the deal. I'm sure the sticking point was that Houston didn't want to give away anything of value for Deandre but I don't see this as anything but a smart strategy to at least ask. 99 times out of 100 the other team says no for a crazy trade ask, but if you nail that one time they say Yes, you might end up getting a young James Harden for next to nothing.

I guess the story is Tillman said he would pay the extra for DAndre's salary in which case that's a nice story but we need to see real evidence of that before we just believe the wild speculation that seems to follow any story about Fertita.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

“We tried to trade for Giannis, but the bucks just weren’t hearing it!!, but see...we tried”

Little Bit, snowconeman22 and kjayp like this.
  19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

As Clutch said in his latest podcast - fans are savvy and they know what's going on. You gotta wonder if Tilman realizes that. And even Morey sometimes. I love Morey but he is always so casually dismissive of fan opinions when it comes to the cap and roster fit. Hey, we're not Texans fans.

BamBam, snowconeman22 and kjayp like this.
  20. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Better be careful....you’re not allowed to show any negativity towards our legend of all legends and smarter than the rest of the basketball world Morey.