1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Morey aggressive in all deals improving team even possibly Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, May 29, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Daryl Morey expected M-Bah Moute to take the Rockets offer and be healthy and take a lot of the minutes from Ariza. That would then mean that the Rockets only had to replace one swing player and could do so before the deadline. So if there were any miscalculations it was on Luc staying AND the long term cost of moving Ryan Anderson.

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

What are you talking about? I apologized and admitted I was wrong. There's no vitriol whatsoever on my part, because I don't play that game online anywhere, especially on a site I love as much as ClutchFans.

I will argue when I think someone is wrong, and I'll state the reasons why. But for you to claim I'm "on a tear responding with vitriol" for a post in which I apologized and admitted someone was right is just plain weird.

But since defending yourself against that kind of accusation on a forum like this usually comes off as desperate, that's all I'm going to say about your comment.

mikol13 and treyk3 like this.
  3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think i mixed you up with someone else. My apologies.

Nook and topfive like this.
  4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Haha. Okay, that makes more sense. No harm, no foul.

treyk3 likes this.
  5. Chamillionaire

He's been miscalculating a lot recently. He's also miscalculating returns we'll get for CP and CC.

6. tc0330

tc0330 Member

The Charolette Hornets have trade interest in Eric Gordon, per @stevekylerNBA.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

STEVE KYLER?

Well, I could say even a broken clock is right twice a day, but Kyler might not even qualify there. I should have become a Multiple Sauces guy. Pay can't be bad.

8. tc0330

tc0330 Member

id love a kemba/batum for cp/gordon trade tho

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

pretty much it right here and couple this with the rockets needing to complete their other moves also

10. Raven

Raven Member

Morey will try to acquire players in the Summer that he can package together at the mid season deadline for a star. Typical.

11. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Tilman is a cheap ass clown

12. ROXTXIA

Kemba, hell yes. Batum would be a hell of a price to pay for CP3.

tc0330 likes this.
  13. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Just checking in........has "heaven and earth" moved yet?.......no?.........aight....will check back later

14. alethios

alethios Member

Man, I wish I could remember where I saw it and if it was legit, but I remember reading that Ariza was willing to take 12mil if he thought the Rockets wanted him back. Of course, that's the big IF, considering he was supposedly looking for a multi-year $60 million contract.

topfive likes this.
  15. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i agree just thinking for salary matches to make it work

16. ROXTXIA

I feels ya.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

18. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

So what are the chances that we can keep Austin Rivers?

19. Nook

Nook Member

Ehh Moute took slightly more money from the Clippers because he knew he was hurt. So I don’t blame Morey too much for that.

Don’t be fooled, Morey knows moving Paul for a player that helps us more than Paul isn’t very likely.

Capela will be shopped but the Rockets aren’t under any illusions.

Morey has to try and see why he can do.

Chamillionaire, amaru, Vivi and 3 others like this.
  20. topfive

topfive CF OG

I remember that Ariza's agents let it be known during the season that he was looking for 4-5 years around $50-60M. @KellyUnchained (Kelly Iko) reported that, among others. Then a few days before the FA signing period started, there was a report by Shams Charania that there was no truth to Ariza demanding $50-60M. Who knows what the real truth was.

That could be the reason Morey told him we weren't interested. If his agents wanted a 4- or 5-year contrac, Morey might have figured asking him if he'd settle for a 1- or 2-year deal was pointless. Signing him for 4 or 5 years would have been insane.

steddinotayto likes this.