1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ] Houston seeking available point guards

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BMoney, Oct 20, 2017.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Beno Udrih got cut by Detroit last week. He's on minimum contract so I am very disappointed that Morey didn't claim him off waiver. Good point guard are not coming here to be the third fiddle. I don't think you can get someone better than Beno in the free agency.

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

No need to worry about wins in October. Our finances are precious now and should be saved for when the good vets come free later.

Sign someone cheap and hungry.

3. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Is Ish Smith available?

4. CallMeTheDream

Toney Douglas, Isaiah Briscoe, Semaj Christon, Briante Weber, Tre Burke, Norris Cole, Monta Ellis, Aaron Harrison

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If they need someone to jump in quickly and only for a month, I think it will be Barbosa. He won't need much time to acclimate to the system.

Getting anyone else means they need to learn the system.

On a sidenote, how can Bobby Brown be this useless and occupy a roster spot?

6. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I really don't care who they sign. The bigger question to me is just how serious is Chris Paul's injury and why did they lie about it initially?

CK Johnson likes this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If Brown is not better than all those washed up PGs out there who couldn't make even the worst team, then he is pretty much useless.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Just remind that Bobby Brown was cut to sign D.Mo one year ago so yeah, i guess they consider him trash as a player.

9. mightybosstone

I can't believe how many people are on the Monta Ellis bandwagon. That dude is not the answer. He's a selfish 2 guard who can't hit a 3-pointer to save his life, doesn't play an ounce of defense and has hardly any significant postseason experience. Also, he was beyond terrible last season. Why in the hell should they add him? Nelson and Barbosa are clearly superior options that fit this team far better.

Vivi and D-rock like this.
  10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

What’s Trey Burke up to these days?

11. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

positive conspiracy theory alert: Paul's injury really is day to day, but because Morey always likes to have backup plans, he made a few calls around the league to see what point guards are available, just to be safe in the off chance Paul is hurt longer or gets hurt later in the season. Teams that got calls then leaked, and media ran with it.

Fingers crossed this is true.

theimpossibles1, robgue and Deuce like this.
  12. buffalobills!!!

No, he is on Detroit. Was surprised he is still in the league

13. buffalobills!!!

Buddy system!

J.R. likes this.
  14. hakeemthagreat

The same way Qi can

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Sarcastic?? Qi is a potential cash cow. The profitability of the business could be a huge factor in whether Fertita will pay luxury tax or not. He is also young, talented and has potential. If Qi becomes a rotation player, he would be worth twice a non-Chinese equivalent talent.

Bobby doesn't play and doesn't help. Whatever he does, he can do it without occupying a roster spot. Make him an expensive coach, I don't care. Give him a front office role. We all know it's for Harden, but why can't they come to a different kind of agreement that doesn't involve occupying a roster spot. Hope they sort this out, it's also bound to hurt the motivation of young/developing players. Getting cut so Bobby Brown can play dress up.

D-rock likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

This.

Bobby has a roster spot because he's friends with the superstars; just like James Jones had a roster spot because of LeBron.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  17. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Jimmer Fredette , maybe worth a shot? he puts up great numbers for sharks. If its only for month, i dont see what would hurt. He could maybe play for the Vipers? Two way contact?

D-rock likes this.
  18. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Jameer fits well, as a pass-first prototype with good handles.

If not, #0 has been patiently waiting to reunite with his bro.

We'll see.

Get well soon, CP3

19. carib

carib Member

There are reports that teams decided not to keep him because they were not happy with his attitude. He has talent but if the reports are true I am not sure he is mentally the right guy to bring in as 3rd string PG.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

I responded to SILvia who you obviously have on ignore. LOL.

It was sarcasm, I'm on board with adding more young ball handlers who can play fast, score, have length and/or can pressure on D.

Morey used to be able to find young cheap unknown point gems in his sleep. Need to find the next Brooks, Lowery, Dragic or Lowery.

Franklin or Barber would be great fits behind Harden/Paul, but for different reasons.

#160 D-rock, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    don grahamleone likes this.