1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Hawks looking at Pistons' Drummond, engaged in trade talks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Deuce, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Nook and Vivi like this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Vivi likes this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Vivi likes this.
  5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I am really intrigued by Drummond, and thought about a Capela swap, but our contract matching situation is just absolute garbage.

If we had a real owner, we could have signed Nene and Shump to 10m each we would have so many avenues to improve the team.

BigggReddd and da_juice like this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

da_juice and Vivi like this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Thon Maker must be ready to take over and be that star he's supposed to be @holic

oh wait

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Steven Adams rumors, Andre Drummond rumors...

The 7-27 Atlanta Hawks definitely want their hands on an overpaid center.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/01/charanias-latest-hawks-dedmon-kuzma-warriors.html

The 7-27 Hawks have been the NBA’s worst team on the court so far this season, and it hasn’t been smooth sailing for the franchise in the locker room either, writes Shams Charania of The Athletic. Sources tell Charania that there has been a “disconnect at times” between the coaching staff and the club’s most important players.

“No energy, no one playing hard,” one source with knowledge of the Hawks’ situation told The Athletic after a recent loss. Another added: “This s–t is depressing.”

While it has been a discouraging year in Atlanta, the front office remains active and has been targeting a center and a backup point guard on the trade market, per Charania. Chris Kirschner of The Athletic, who recently reported that the Hawks had internally discussed the possibility of pursuing Steven Adams, hears that the team has also considered a reunion with Dewayne Dedmon. Dedmon, who spent the last two seasons in Atlanta, signed with the Kings in the offseason but wants to be traded.

#9 J.R., Jan 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    Vivi likes this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't think the Hawks should trade for Drummond, i wouldn't even bet he's resigning there...but i'm curious to see what the Pistons will get back from him expiring, should tell us something about Clint's value.

arabrocket likes this.
  11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Detroit would be lucky to get something for him. He's not a guy you want to give superstar money to. His 18/16 or whatever is a hollow 18/16.

For Atlanta, I guess why the hell not. They have picks to spare right?

da_juice likes this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think he makes sense for the Hawks and is still young enough to be part of a young core and grow with Trae Young.

But the issue is it sounds like he's ready to be wined and dined in FA, they may be better off not pulling the trigger on that one.

malakas and BigggReddd like this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, on paper Capela makes way more sense for them imo, in few months he might cost half the money of what Drummond is going to ask, and they would have zero risks in terms of losing him for free this summer. On the other hand, i think the Rockets have no interest in moving Clint to Atlanta unless they get back great value, which i imagine would be something like Hunter, a pick and an expiring contract, but the Hawks really wanted Hunter so, i doubt they are going to give him up unless they get back a star.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Andre Drummond is extremely gifted.

The problem is that he really doesn't have much interest in the finer points of the game and limits his value.

Also he is a mess off the court in his personal life. He basically just trolls for tiny IG models in his off time, drops the hammer and gets them pregnant.

I really question how valuable he is....... yes he is by far the best rebounder in the league, he gets lots of steals and blocks, and he is huge..... but he also doesn't switch well because he doesn't want to, he can play out of position. He is a poor passer as well.

Deuce, Lawlruschang, malakas and 5 others like this.
  15. Juxtaposed Jolt

I want this mess to be my life.

/s. But also not /s lol

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Basically Dwight but with even less brain? That's what i get by reading this lol.

17. omgTHEpotential

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi likes this.
  19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He gunna get Trae pregnant.

[​IMG]

20. lionaire

lionaire Member

Hate to see a young, promising team give up valuable assets to accelerate their rebuild.