1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Current Era Of Rockets 'At Stake With This Season'

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 15, 2019.

1. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

I don't mind starting fresh. Morey's kind of dragged this organization's reputation through the mud. Yes he's smart, but his arrogance has rubbed agents, player & media the wrong way. There is no way agents should be advising their clients not to come here

LosPollosHermanos and cheke64 like this.
  2. blackistan

blackistan Member

No shii Sherlock

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Step 1 in the wall coming down - giving CP3 40m per year for 4 years.

Step 2 in the wall collapsing - trading for Westbrook.

We are done like dinner.

DD

manlisten, gogispade and CK Johnson like this.
  4. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

This sucks. I already pic Harden in LA playing with the brow. I bet the media will love him then.

rockets lose thanks to new ownership

5. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

lol guys yall funny. its no way tge gonna be trash as long as we have harden...repeat he a top 5 guy.

1. why wpuld hardrn wanna leave th3 place that made him who is now. again even if he never wins a ring itsl egacy stuff he cpuld still achive

2. its reall only mda n maybe morey tgat would be gone.

Patience, Rocket River and smp like this.
  6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Thanks, WOJ, for the hot take.

Morey committed the biggest *** pas in NBA history supporting Hong Kong in the off-season.

Meanwhile, Mike D'Antoni is off to another ho-hum start to the season with a top 3 all-time NBA scorer in his lineup

Let us know when Phil Jackson is coming in to coach us to the finals....because this lineup stinks of a Phil Jackson takeover.

7. DaDakota

I think Morey might have done that on purpose to get out of Houston, Tillman is leveraged and cheap, and he forced Morey to trade for Westbrook when the analytics said...NO......

So, I think Morey wants out - and his tweet was calculated to get him out.

DD

8. amaru

amaru Member

It's almost poetic since the Ryno signing likely cost the Rockets a title back in '17

9. amaru

amaru Member

Not sure if serious....

Deuce, jboslett, malakas and 2 others like this.
  10. Caprah

Caprah Member

I have a feeling Morey would love to be freed from his obligations (contract) and escape the hell Scrooge has created with his penny pinching

kjayp likes this.
  11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I don't think this is valid unless Morey was drunk (possible). It's a nuclear option for a cerebral guy like Morey. He can engineer his way out better than this.

BMoney and Richie_Rich like this.
  12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Oh well. Sell the team and move it back to San Diego. Jk

The NBA is basically wrestling now anyway.

Rigged/corrupt as a mother frucker.

13. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

What are the odds Tilman ends up making his son GM in the next decade? I'll take that bet.

BallSoHarden and Tfor3 like this.
  14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I’m kind of confused why so many people are upset with this. If they don’t make the finals this year... shouldnt this “era” be questioned??

The era isn’t Harden or Harden+Russ btw, it’s DM, MDA and the interchangeable pieces around those two.

If a new GM came in and traded Harden... well that doesn’t seem likely at all. If it’s all about the money to the Till he’s not moving Harden. He might try to move Russ but again if it isn’t working it isn’t working, maybe see what you can get.

Pretty sure two random guys from this bbs can coach/GM around those two guys to second round exits.

I’m not saying it’s a no brainer or the next era will automatically mean a championship... just that y’all are looking at the word era wrong. It’s nit the two stars but the two guys we all b**** about their work (MDA ... no defense, short rotation, no play calling, horrible in playoffs) and DM (no tradeable assets, hasn’t drafted well in years, while overpaying for Russ and thus limited futures draft picks as well)

caneks likes this.
  15. Jontro

Jontro Member

tillmen era finna lose a bunch of fans

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I care if we suck due to incompetent and cheap ownership. Look at Knicks or Clippers (during Sterling years) fans, I don't want to go through that as a Rockets fan. I am in my early 30s and will likely have to live with not winning a championship in the Harden era. I at least would like to live through another run like the one we've had the last few years under Harden.

malakas likes this.
  17. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Harden got "Iversoned" last game against the Pistons...

Jontro likes this.
  18. DaDakota

Dead serious - just a hunch though.

DD

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Oh he is serious.

And his hot takes are always so accurate, like printing money. :rolleyes:

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Morey sending that tweet because he wanted out is quite dumb, and would expose Morey as a fraud

Did he care about HK, or did he just take advantage of their situation and use it as a means to and end? If it was the latter, I’d want him fired on the spot. I’d have absolutely zero respect for him. I don’t believe that’s the case at all tho. Conspiracy theories make me laugh.

CCity Zero, caneks, jboslett and 5 others like this.