1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Butler Willing to Expand List if Wolves Can Make a Deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Starvela

Starvela Contributing Member

Perhaps, but lets not act like Curry, KD, CP3 and others didn't have help, some had plenty!!! I'm speaking of here going forward...All I know is Lebron and KD are in a league by themselves!!! All the others, you can argue and go many ways!!

BTW, I LOVE CP3, but even when healthy, he has honestly lost a step!!!

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Hes a top 5-10 defender of all time.

Gobert has been great and hes recently been getting a lot of hype about how he transforms a defense like harden transforms an offense.

Well Draymond is much better defensively. Tier 3 imo is someone who could be your #2 most important player on a championship, which he was.

3. rammo

rammo Member

Everyone suddenly putting Butler on a different tier ahead of Klay.

Lay off the crack.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

True Warriors often disturb snowflakes, especially the fair-weather fan variety. Media likes to play on the nature of snowflakes to avoid conflict. Since they don't understand True Warriors, they get scared of them, so media plays on those fears.

But most of them are very valuable to title runs ... Mad Max, Rodman, Draymond, Artest ... and that's just the list of ones who ruffle fans feathers.

I'm taking Butler all day long ... because he's 4 years younger than our current True Warrior / PJ

#104 heypartner, Sep 21, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  5. BigMaloe

They had help sure. But AD has had better teams than harden did when he dragged that crappy roster to a wcf.

I agree on cp3. Hes one of the best pgs of all time. He was amazing and is still very good. He is slipping.

I think kd is very gahdam good, but hes ALWAYS been surrounded by MVP talent.

Lebron in all honesty is the goat. Everyone including myself say Jordan is but if we are be subjective lebron is by far the best player to ever play this game. Hes in a space jame tier by himself.

DonKnock likes this.
  6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

7. craguin

craguin Member

Terrence Jones, Pablo Prigioni, and Jason Terry are offended.;)
    Harden was on the bench during the Game 6 elimination comeback...

Exiled likes this.
  8. mikol13

Supporting Member

9. BigMaloe

Cant get their without him.

Whole season including the entire playoffs
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    1 flukey quarter

MadMax likes this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Thibs taking the stubborn approarch. @Nook

We'll see how long this lasts. Get ready for Butler at Wolves Media day on Monday.

DonKnock and BigMaloe like this.
  11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

KG got traded
    Kevin Love got traded

Jimmy Butler getting traded, confirmed.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Talk about closing the barn door, late, with your pants down. That cow has left the building.

Once the disgruntled star demands a trade, with last year on contract, you ain't fooling anyone in your attempts to recover Full trade value.

#112 heypartner, Sep 21, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  13. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Hahaha! Perhaps a fair point. Would definitely help salaries match. But....would Minny want Ryno?

I like Butler, and I know NBA salaries are just all out of whack with what they used to be...but is he a $38M player??? Maybe more importantly...would he be a $38M for us? ie, he might be a #1 or #2 on some teams, but likely a #3 at best here. Are #3s worth $38M???

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, Thibs can act like he wants but in the end they will trade him. This would happen regardless, but the fact that they're also risking to lose Towns here, well, that makes the situation even worse for them.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

16. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Interesting. Yes, that does change the equation. One of the main reasons Bronbron went to LA...there were better BB choices were out there.

Can see what his issue in Minny is then. Minny is like the opposite of NY and LA for someone with celebrity aspirations. I wonder how many people who loved Prince didn't know he even lived there? It's pretty much a black hole in that perspective.

hakeemthagreat likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

Thibs is a very stubborn man....... this could end in so many different ways. Taylor could step in and force a deal, resulting in Thibs resigning...... if Thibs retains power, he very well may force Butler's hand......... either refuse to play or show up, or play out the season and leave in free agency.

Also Butler is more valuable to Thibs than he would be to most coaches. Thibs can play him 40 minutes a night and he does not complain, he always plays hard, defends and is physical.... the lack of a consistent three point shot does not matter much to Thibs.

Exiled and DonKnock like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

I would agree 99% of the time......... but this is Thibs..... he lives in a hotel, he hasn't had a girlfriend in decades.... he is not a normal person and he is the most stubborn coach. He wanted out of Chicago, because the front office interfered in the draft and in how Rose was handled.

IF Thibs is given control, I could completely see him keeping Butler and letting him walk this summer. The problem is that Taylor isn't going to let that happen, and when Taylor steps in.... it could get ugly with Thibs resigning or going public with his disdain for making a deal.

DonKnock likes this.
  19. mikol13

Supporting Member

Yeah, no way they don’t trade him. They can play the leverage game all they want. I don’t think it works.

20. Nook

Nook Member

This.

Butler plays very hard and comes ready to play......... at the end of the day, teammates respect that even if they don't like the person.

DonKnock likes this.