1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj Bomb: Miami has expressed interest in Russell Westbrook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Jul 8, 2019.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I just don't get why OKC would do this with Miami. Help turn Miami into a surefire playoff team for the next few years when you own their unprotected pick PLUS you don't get anything you really want back. That's an awfully big favor to do for Russ.

luckyman76, Vivi, lionaire and 7 others like this.
  2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Guys with your Herro infatuation act like Donte Green never existed.

snowconeman22 and Nook like this.
  3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Maybe Presti knows it will be a disaster and will help the pick situation. ;)

PointToHead.gif

harold bingo and Nook like this.
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't think they will be contenders but I think they'll surely be a playoff team in the East with that combo.

5. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

6. Lloyd Estacio

Lloyd Estacio Member

Would love to get Herro. Rich man's JJ Redick

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I think Presti would do it for a player that has been loyal to that franchise. Work with him on an acceptable destination.

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Absolutely no chance we get Herro.

If we got in on a deal with Miami and OKC we'd be lucky to get Winslow (who i would prefer to Herro but he holds less trade value due to entering his 5th year in the NBA and not yet completely breaking out).

Herro is on a rookie scale deal and is exactly what the Thunder need going forward. I'm not sure how good Herro will, be but just remember Hartenstein was averaging over 21 points in the Summer League before his injury.

9. Nook

Nook Member

No joke.

It tells me a couple of things. First, Westbrook is not really in that much demand. You saw how quickly the Heat cleared room and gave up draft considerations and agreed to be hard capped to get Butler under contract. The Heat's run for Westbrook sounds more like the Rockets effort for Carmelo Anthony........ we will take him if you take our garbage.

The interesting thing is that IF the Rockets wanted him, they could likely get him OR at least force the Heat to give up Adebayo and/or Winslow.

I don't think Westbrook is a good fit for the Rockets (or Spurs that have kicked the tires)....... but I must admit a trade of Capela, Shumpert, and minimum contracts for Westbrook would at least be interesting. Essentially the Rockets would have Harden, Westbrook, Paul, Gordon, Tucker, House, Rivers, Green, Clark and Hartenstein. The Rockets could then go after Chandler and possibly Livingston.

The Rockets would have 7 playoff rotation quality players without signing anyone. If they added Chandler and Livingston, they would have better depth than last years team. Still short on long wings....... but an interesting team.

There are still a few free agents out there that could help. Vince Carter, Ian Clark, Raymond Felton, Gasol, Justin Holiday, Amir Johnson, koufos, Lyles, Noah, Meeks, Thabo, Stephenson

#149 Nook, Jul 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Westbrook on the Spurs....LOL. Gonna force Pop into retirement, eh?

11. Nook

Nook Member

Popovich thinks he can work with anyone.

Honestly, I think they are just look at avenues to add an elite talent. The Spurs have some very good young complementary pieces but they know that they are not going to be able to recruit star players easily.

luckyman76 and Deuce like this.
  12. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

I always enjoy what you post but a center rotation of Harty and Chandler would be disastrous... :eek::confused:

amaru, luckyman76, lilbird20 and 5 others like this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

As I said earlier, I'd give a lot to get Winslow out of this surprising effort by Miami to get Russell. Your suggestion is a lot better than using Gordon. We could tailor it to save them a little bit of salary, couldn't we? They wouldn't want to lose WInslow, but if OKC is demanding a 1st, we have a 1st to give them, and Shump wouldn't mind a payday in the area of $13,000,000, I'm thinking. A bit less to make it marginally more palatable to Miami? Riles would hate us, a real plus. ;-)

RudyTBag likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

They would likely add someone else to that can stretch the defense from the 5 spot. Unfortunately if Capela is dealt, we aren't likely to have great choices.

BHannes2BHonest, Cdub37 and RudyTBag like this.
  15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah, the River Walk gets old fast. The Missions are cool. But, ditto? See'em, great, bye?

We'd be even smaller if we dealt Capela. Big teams already destroy us on the boards. 3rd string centers....just don't know.

Nook likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

amaru and Vivi like this.
  18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

. The Spurs would want nothing with Westbrook. They have a a good group of young guards that are moldable and cheap.

Russ is already declining and will not change his game even for Pop.

19. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

haha (Same situation as when we wanted to trade for Melo, but OKC traded for him.
    OKC isnt going to take back any salary, and will want some draft considerations

20. tc0330

tc0330 Member

but but he also liked the rockets instagram post.... WHAT DO WE BELIEVE!!

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.