1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wizards blowing it up?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Nov 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Lebron is calling the shot for the Lakers, I don't think these Wizards interest him. I would want to try Otto Porter because it satisfies some of our fellow CFers. Otherwise, we ain't sending 4 future draft picks to the Wizards at least I hope not. Can we do a Melo-type contract for Dwert?!?!?!?!?

2. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

The raptors are NOT trading Danny green.....

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yeah, that's fair.

And while I'm higher on Beal and lower on Porzingis than perhaps some, I recognize that Beal will never be Harden-esque. He just hasn't proven you can give him the ball as the de facto PG (ala Harden). Maybe he could... but he just hasn't so far proven to be that type of 2 guard (Harden, Wade, Kobe, etc.). If he could, it would be a no brainer. And he still might be able to do some of that - who really knows when you're playing next to Wall?? I will say if you look at Beal's stats in February of last year, when Wall was mostly out, Beal put up 6.7 apg, which is basically as good as he's ever been there.

I just really like Beal.

Vivi likes this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's exactly the difference here, and don't get me wrong, i really like Beal, if i could i'd take him in a heartbeat, especially over Wall, no brainer for me. But for as good as i think he is, he's just not great, and yeah, i read last season that he actually improved his ball handling and passing.

5. lionaire

lionaire Member

Wizards implosion? How could anyone have seen this coming? :rolleyes:

And people still question @Codman 's credibility lol

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm with ya.

But I absolutely don't think you can give Porzingis the ball either, nor am I sold you ever will be able to, consistently. Occasionally, but not as a #1 guy for sure, and I'm not sure as a #2 guy either. He's still young so who knows... but he's been assisted on 67%-mid70's% on all his shots every year, and of course close to 100% on threes.

If I'm looking at just offense, I don't think peak Porzignis is any better than peak Beal.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

As today i absolutely agree with you, 2nd best player in a great team at best, to me remains to be seen if he can become something better than that, i think he has the potential but it's definitely not a given of course, i wouldn't bet on it.

8. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

9. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Just to clarify, I didn't suggest this as a deal that makes sense. I think the Wizards can get a better offer. However, it's the best WE can reasonably offer and maybe no one really bids as much as I think they would.

Beal is actually a really good defensive player by the way, just not able to defend 3/4. He'd be the best defensive guard on the team for sure though.

11. Nook

Nook Member

I don't know how actual offers would play out, but I can tell you that there are a lot of teams interested in Beal for a number of reasons. He is only 25 years old and is under contract for the next three seasons. He does not need the ball in his hands at all times, so he is someone that can score at a high clip being a secondary ball handler..... which is very important in the modern NBA. Defensively he isn't terrible. It is hard to say exactly how good he is because of the defensive wasteland around him but he has shown the ability to keep his man in front of him. Therefore a team is not going to overly worry about his defensive issues. He is also big enough to play play some 3.

I think that IF the Wizards deal him (they were not interested 10 days ago) they will get more than Minnesota got for Jimmy Butler. Although Butler is the overall better player, he is several years younger and was going to to be a free agent and there were some chemistry questions. Beal is a plug and play guy that can stretch defenses, carry the scoring load on any night. Also there are some scouts that think Beal has another level of play that hasn't been shown yet.

Beal would be an excellent fit and alleviate the scoring issues that happen sometimes. I do think that the market for him would be very strong. A lot of teams that are not contenders would get involved. The one advantage the Rockets may have, is that if the Wizards blow it up (I'm skeptical based on history) then the Rockets offer of multiple #1 picks and Knight/Hilario/Chriss' may interest them more than Gordon.

Deuce, whiskeyred and Vivi like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

7 years is a LONG time in the NBA.... that's how long the Rockets would be paying out their draft pick obligations.

Besides the player the Rockets have asked about is Morris....... and he better not cost multiple #1's..... deal them Nene and Chriss and a Pappas gift card for him.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

They should get a 3rd team involved and go after KD.

15. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Wall... 40M? Lmao.

Reeko likes this.
  16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

So who do y'all want? Wall or Beal?

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

;)

coachbadlee likes this.
  18. J.R.