1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Winter Freeze tomorrow

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RKREBORN, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

My area was much smaller.

Good luck

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So, what you're saying is that ice removal with a hammer and scraper is easier on a small area, but on what I assume is a relatively normal driveway of 10x10, it is much more difficult? That's my small driveway. At our lake house, the driveway is easily 1000 square feet. How should I attack that? Scraper won't work, plow won't work, hammer might work, but it would take forever.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Hook a water hose to your bathtub. Run the water hose out the front door. Turn the water heater up to the highest setting. Wait 30 minutes. Turn your bath tub water on to the hottest setting. Spray your driveway furiously with the hot water. For good measure spray your car winshields and windows with the hot water as well. Have your wife either quickly soak up the melted water with towels before it freezes again or use a leaf blower to push the water into your neighbors yard.

A gas torch also works well. You can knock out a yankee sized driveway in 7-8 hours. Also do not worry about the driveway developing cracks, I will instruct you on how to fix those in the summer.

Exiled likes this.
  4. bobrek

I just cut a hole in my propane tank, tie a chain to it, hold on to it as I roll it down the driveway, throw a match and then "yo-yo" the tank around the driveway.

Nook likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

Rent a jackhammer. Work smarter, not harder.

Also, gasoline and styrofoam makes a handy DIY substitute for napalm and can be applied with a paint roller.

6. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Had my A/C on last night. Only HTown

Jontro, A_3PO, mikol13 and 1 other person like this.
  7. CCorn

CCorn Member

The ones in Houston are all poor

Nook likes this.
  8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I kept asking my wife last night for all the answers. "Is not cold outside? Is it going to get cold at night? How about tomorrow?Man turn that a.c. up then."

ramotadab likes this.
  9. bobrek

Yep....bowling got canceled.

10. Buck Turgidson

It's a league game, Smokey...

Deckard likes this.
  11. bobrek

We were bowling against Jesus tonight....