1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Winnebago" White

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by Clutch, Mar 1, 2013.

1. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

OK, smart guy. If he cares so much about playing in the league, why did he report so rediculously out of shape? Did his anxieties prevent him from having a good diet and working out to be ready to play whenever this circus was resolved? And when is he going to work out when he's busy spending dozens of hours in an RV?

Seriously, does he want to play in the NBA, or just talk? Hell, I can talk. Sign me up!

2 people like this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I find it hard to believe that someone could have payed attention to this whole ridiculous mess with Royce and still defend him. He didn't do any of this for a "safe work environment" he did it in an effort to further a political agenda.

4. pacmania

pacmania Member

He should just smoke weed.

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

someone probably drives for him

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is why I don't like the whole "Well lets give him time, he's out of shape." excuse.

Whose fault is that again? He did know that he was eventually going to play basketball right? You'd think he'd work his tail off so that when this as resolved he'd show what the Rockets were missing.

7. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

What is there to do besides giving him time?

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

to make sure NOT to draft someone like him again .... ever

9. dookiester

dookiester Member

if royce white stayed in shape and made a halfway decent showing in the dleague, he'd deserve the benefit of the doubt.

the fact that he showed up grossly out of shape, without any apparent reason or explanation other than laziness (no, his anxiety does not excuse him from having to exercise when his chosen profession demands it), and that he isn't even one of the better players on a d-league squad full of undrafted talent, is absolutely unacceptable. i'm rooting for him to get in shape fast and play his way into the rockets rotation, because the better he is, the better off the rockets are, but he has shown absolutely nothing that warrants our patience or optimism.

for those defending him - what excuses his refusal to stay in shape while he was negotiating health issues with the rockets? you look at guys like yao ming who did everything he could to stay in shape - WHILE PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED AND UNABLE TO RUN AT ALL - and then you look at royce, and it just makes you shake your head with disappointment.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Wow. Totally out of shape. Dr. Phil. 36 hour bus rides. And 2 straight ejections from D-league games.

This guy is a disaster.

11. nobie

nobie Member

there is no way in hell he can get in Rockets rotation by now, Dmo and TR are far superior than him right now.
    Dmo dominated Dleague(arguably he was out of shape to, cuz he wasnt playing in rockets and there was very low amount of practices at that time), WHITE is struggling to make a dent.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Cut his arse.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Winnebago or Twitterhero White

14. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

here i thought it was a fat joke

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Mark Cuban said he would have handled White differently. What would he have done? He is a great owner...

16. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think that's what he's hoping would happen... The Rockets cut him then he signs with another team with PF needs.

17. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

I thought he told Dr Phil he smoked one time and he has some kind of lingering after effects from it.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That is true, but there's no harm in keeping him for now (not that you're suggesting letting him go, just sayin'). Unless and until his salary interferes with our FA/trade desires, we should keep him on.

I'm not worried about the success of the Vipers; if he ruins chemistry there and brings their season to a screeching hault, I'm OK with it.

It is highly unlikely that he'll ever act like an adult, but there's still at least a 1% chance that he'll wake up from this wet dream where he's a modern day MLK Jr for those who spaz out after taking a toke. So we should hold on to that 1% chance as long as it doesn't otherwise interfere with the Rockets' success.

19. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

these stunts he's trying to pull off must take huge balls. he should just hop to games.

[​IMG]

#99 fallenphoenix, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  20. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

he said that weed triggered his first anxiety attack