1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Winnebago" White

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by Clutch, Mar 1, 2013.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am saying that he can not be trusted, and as a fan of the Rockets - I don't want them to try to rely on a guy who is untrustworthy, and can't be bothered with even showing up for practice.

I am not frustrated at all, just don't care for Royce White and his attitude, or agenda.

And as such, will be excited to see him off the team.

IMO, he is nothing special as a basketball player, let him go be the special human being that he always talks about.

DD

PS. Said my peace no need going on about it, you guys cheer for him all you want.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

haha - you have like dozens of posts about him. you definitely do care about Royce White whether or not you admit it.

3. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

that's easy. because he is injecting himself into a conversation about awareness for his cause and in the process, putting himself up for criticism. he has definitely shown his character throughout the process.

other athletes have gone off the deep and as far as twitter goes, some have a bad interaction with a fan and delete their account, release a press statement and it's over.

Royce White is relentless.

how many D-Leaguers have gone on a cross country trek to appear on a daytime talk show in the middle of a season to talk about their disease?

he could have proven himself all season long and perhaps even made the Rockets roster. instead he has played the victim since day 1.

he deserves every amount of criticism from Rockets fans who want to see the Rockets win.

can he help the Rockets win? none of really know because he doesn't seem invested in this pro basketball thing.

4. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

to me, it would make more sense if he were to drive there in a white rolls royce with a custom license plate that says "royce".

5. omgTHEpotential

+++ This.

6. cheifbootknocka

Winnebago? More like WHINE-E-BAGO. whine whine whine. boo hoo hoo. So sick of hearing about this clown. I get it, Anxiety Disorders are serious business. We know all about it Royce, you got you're little bus and thats cute, you got to talk all that ish on twitter and you still get to play and thats awesome, now get your ****** in shape and do something that actually has to do with basketball. Since he got drafted he has more Talk Show/Twitter highlights than basketball highlights and its not even close. PATHETIC

7. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He didn't get to most of the games this year because of his condition. Take your own advice.

8. Cycl1

Cycl1 Member

Yes, I, the guy calling out "fans" making fun of a Rocket with a mental condition need to grow up. You guys are baffling.

9. MtMutombo

MtMutombo Member

I do summaries of his games for people who cant watch. I'm RoyceReps on youtube. This post summarizes pretty well. Royce did not get the ball only on "Ultra-rare" occasions... there is usually a period of 3-5 mins in the game where he is unnoticable on the court and that did happen.. but def not for the whole game. Its not fair to say he holds the ball at the top of the key where nobody guards him... that makes it sound like he isnt doing anything. He usually takes it to the rack and attacks or kicks when he isolates at the top of the key.

And regarding the +/-. LOL. Rice did not play well. Ive seen him play well and he was messing up plays he could have should have made. Goudelock played one half very well.. faded as game became more hopeless/offensive movement deteriorated (He scored 33 on 7-9 3pt shooting last game) and Honeycutt was beautiful. Nobody who watched the game can honestly defend Royce's game on the merit of his +/- cus his attitude and less his game was pitiful.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I just don't see how wanting the Rockets to win has anything to do with what he does on Twitter. Not seeing the connection.

I don't care if he is spoiled, annoying, or what. It was a mistake to draft him knowing he had mental issues, and we still drafted him. No one complained back then - or not very much.

To me, all that matters is how he does on the court. Which isn't very good. Criticize him for his play. Right now he sucks. But who cares what he is doing on Twitter? He's obviously is in his own world and has some serious things going on in his head that he's struggling with. I am not sure expressing frustration and anger at the guy for disappointing expectations is going to do anything.

Maybe it's better to just forget about him and let him fade away. Why all the animosity and much ado over a mid-first round bust?

11. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I see the connection as he is very active on twitter and has barely mentioned the Houston Rockets once. he removed the #rednation tag from his signature.

he laughs at those who try to criticize him legitimately

pro athletes use their social network accounts to interact with fans and to talk about their teams. they update those behind the scene locker room moments, plane photos with teammates, etc...

Chandler, Smith, Lin, Harden, they shout out and congratulate each other.

I definitely see the correlation. he shows no interest in being a Houston Rocket.

that matters to me big time.

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

How would this be different from a player twisting an ankle in game 6 and being unable to play in game 7? Would you hold that against them?

13. Ashes

Ashes Member

Top notch comparison.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Considering he isn't playing with the Rockets anytime soon I guess I it doesn't seem to bother me as much. I think the kid has a lot to work out. I don't think he'll make it to the NBA. Not because of what he does on Twitter, but because he lacks passion for the game.

It's a job for him, nothing more. And his ego is too big. But I don't care. that's what the D league is for - to weed out guys like Royce White. So I just look to see if there's something positive going on. If not...out of sight out of mind.

But that's me. maybe it's why I don't get frustrated as much.

15. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His lack of passion for the game is personified by what he does on Twitter, though. That is the frustrating part.

As a Rockets fan, I want to follow everything Rockets related, especially the guys in the D League. This all adds excitement to what the actual team is doing and what the future holds.

When D-Mo, TJones, and even Beverley were posting good games down there, it was fun to follow as it would give us a taste of what would soon be on the team.

Even after White's abominable standoff in which he did everything he could to completely alienate the entire franchise and fanbase, the fan in me still gave him shot and I monitored his D League performances like everyone else.

What do I get for my loyalty to him? 2 ejections and a ****ing Dr. Phil appearance.

16. Summer Song Giver

It's a waste of time for one, time that could be spent with teammates or coaches learning the game, practicing the game. The 8 hour at most ordeal at the airport is being turned into a 68 hour adventure. That's 60 hours just poffed away that he could have spent doing anything other than being sedintary on a tour bus.

Royce will fail because life doesn't make special exceptions for anyone, you make your own breaks kid.

1 person likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, the Rockets took a chance on a guy with mental problems, and he's shown that no team should ever give any opportunities to people suffering mental illness. Royce has gone out of his way to show that people with mental illnesses are total invalids incapable of playing professional sports. The league will learn it's lesson and no one will ever be given the opportunity that Royce was.

1 person likes this.
  18. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

The difference is the twisted ankle can be verified by am MRI and we
    just have to take Royce's mental state by faith...and lots of it!;)

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Not that high in the draft.

20. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member