1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Windhorst: I don't think Lebron is considering Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 21, 2018.

1. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I like the idea, but I would also like to see Morey trade Anderson to Charlotte for Nicolas Batum as well.

Why not? likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

chances of that happening are slim

*sigh* Will Morey ever get that 3rd star?

3. Nachobar

Nachobar Where’s my chips?

I, too, was a journalism major... now I’m in sales.

4. seeingred

seeingred Member

Lebron is in a tough spot regardless.

A) Stays in cleveland and shaves a few years off his career dragging those bums through a tougher East for a summary execution in the finals

B) goes to Houston and gets the Durant treatment. Plays on the MVP's team. Bad look if they don't win.

C) goes to Boston - see option B minus one MVP.

D) goes to LA/Philly - talent but a total crapshoot.

We only have a shot because the other options are so dicey.

BigMaloe, Deuce, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  5. DVauthrin

Totally understand. I tried the teaching angle for awhile, but eventually found my way into digital marketing and content creation.

Zo Gi likes this.
  6. DVauthrin

He is, but he wants to win more rings. The only option on the table right now that he knows would be favored in a 7 game series against the Warriors is the Rockets. If he was in his mid-to-late 20’s, he’d be willing to wait for the Lakers to get the third star alongside himself and Paul George. But he’s not. He turns 34 in December. He needs a ready-made option while he’s still playing at an elite level the next 3-4 years. The Rockets are that team. The only reason this isn’t a slam dunk is Houston isn’t a sexy city like Miami or Los Angeles.

BigMaloe, DonKnock, Raisin and 2 others like this.
  7. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

Windhorst is legit in the media. However, he's made some predictions that were wrong including Paul George coming to Cleveland and Twolves trading Rubio. He also predicted Lowry was going to the Sixers.

So it's not like he's had a perfect prediction before. He had a lot of praise of Morey with the trades last year to get cp3.

Why not? likes this.
  8. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Why is "our" fanbase pining over a dude that' NOT supposedly even considering us? Damn move on to someone that actually wants to come here which I'm sure there are plenty. WE don't need that much...

pahiyas and whiskeyred like this.
  9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

It will come to that, just not yet. Lol

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I agree he’s in a tough spot but I don’t think he’s making decisions based on narrative. Houston would be the obvious choice because it checks all the boxes-

-play with his bestie
    -compete for titles
    -finally take some regular season rest with Harden being the regular season work horse
    -big city with good scene
    -good infrastructure/owner

Except for the fact that Houston can’t just add him to the team without him pulling a lot of weight to force Cle to make a trade, and he’s probably weary about watching half the team (Capela included) have to leave to make cap space and even then it would be a likely pay cut.

I’m 99% sure the conversations behind the scenes with Mav Carter and co are that they will certainly try to make Houston happen, but he absolutely needs another team with cap space (Lakers likely) that have a max spot he can leverage, and he needs to still be willing to sign there if Houston just doesn’t work out.

Who knows .... the deal to Houston might already be done with all the tampering that happens, but the above either has already happened or will happen imo and I think it’s going to be real tough to bring Cleveland to the table honestly, and Lebrons camp has to know this and have another option they are okay with.

12. basketballholic

I'm raising my odds of Lebron to Houston to 95%. Cavs at 0.1%
    Lakers at.4.9%.

BigMaloe, Deuce, Raisin and 4 others like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL Give it up 'Bron. Ain't no one coming to Cleveland.

LeBron James is a few days away from free agency and continues to pursue his options to remain with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

"All the arrows point to him bolting," said Ryen Russillo. "But I know for a fact LeBron is trying to figure out if other stars around the league want to come play with him in Cleveland first.

"I know for a fact that LeBron is still trying to find a way to make it happen in Cleveland. I just don't know if anybody wants to go there with him."

The Cavaliers kept the No. 8 pick and selected Collin Sexton.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiret...rying-To-Get-Stars-To-Join-Him-With-Cavaliers

BigMaloe, DonKnock and Zboy like this.
  14. MystikArkitect

Report: Every NBA player except Lebron absolutely despises the City of Cleveland.

15. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

It's all LeBron fault. No one want to go there because nobody know how long LeBron will stay there.

DonKnock likes this.
  16. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

I believe you bro

17. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Ok 2 things 1 duh said this from the jump....2 can we please stop the dumb narrative that choosing l.a. means lbj dont about care chips...really people.like They can't construct a contender in LA. People be intellectually honest even if it means that the Rockets don't get the guy.

18. DVauthrin

It’s not dumb. For the Lakers to have a prayer of beating the Warriors, they have to trade for a third star after signing LeBron and Paul George. Such a trade would likely cost them two of Ball, Ingram and Kuzma. So you have a team of LeBron, Paul George and player X, with one promising young player, and a bunch of players making the minimum this season. Unless player X is Kawhi, that team is not better than the Warriors big 4 of Curry, Durant, Thompson, and Draymond Green this season. LeBron turns 34 in December, he can’t afford to wait a season or two for the Lakers to finally be ready to dethrone Golden State. Whereas, if he comes to Houston, they instantly become the favorites this season and beyond. The Rockets’ big 3 of LeBron, Harden and CP3 is better than Durant, Curry and Thompson, and PJ Tucker matches up well with Draymond. Then you have Capela, Ariza, Luc Mbah Moute, etc.

Also, the odds of the Lakers having a trade for that third star lined up by the end of June or early July, while possible, is unlikely at this juncture.

19. HTM

HTM Member

They don't have the assets or cap space to attract anyone.

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

What media reports do we consider legit when the last two times he made "the decisions" the media was wrong all over. Only those that suit our agenda ?! I

He's not leaving Cleveland - winds up in Miami.

He's staying in Miami - back in Cleveland.

I'm in championship mode. Aint but ONE team that offers that instantly.

The Flakers are a long way away from that even if they land one of Kawai or PG & Lebron. They are likely 3rd best in the West. They'd also be capped out …. hoping for tag alongs to play for minimums to fill out the roster.

Also he's stated he wanted to play with CP3 at some point - well again only one team offers that.

The media can say what they want …. but if you ask me , all signs point towards the Rockets - Championship Mode - CP3.