1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Windhorst: I don't think Lebron is considering Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Because his legacy isn't cemented yet. Right now he's 3 and 6 in the finals so his legacy is losing on the biggest stage and if he makes a decision to stay in Cleveland or go to the Lakers, he'll never have a chance to add to that legacy in a positive way....he'll just add more losing to it.

Perhaps you are right and his legacy means nothing to him, but I wouldn't bet on that.

DonKnock and fckbandwagons like this.
  2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I get why LeBron would be interested in LA or Cleveland, especially if the former can land Paul George in free agency. The former offers an appealing lifestyle for him and his family. The latter lets him finish his career in his hometown. But unless the Lakers can also upgrade that roster by trading a few of the young guys for a star veteran player, I don't see how either situation puts him in position to beat the Warriors. Hell, I wouldn't even pick the Cavs to get past the Celtics next season if he resigns with them.

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Fat boi knows nothing

Slim and Tfor3 like this.
  4. aroundtheblock2

They forgot to add in "HE THINKS LeBrons family isn't comfortable with Houston" . He then goes on to say" I THINK thats why they're not in the running"

But thats asking a lot of a Lakers twitter account.

DonKnock, adw, Hakeemtheking and 2 others like this.
  5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Then why isn't he considering retirement?

6. HTM

HTM Member

I doubt anybody but Lebron knows

I can’t possibly see Lebron wanting to run it back. That would be crazy. Another finals loss is not a good look.

7. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Why the **** this fat POS keeps pushing the narrative of LeBron doesn't like houston...!!!

8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

20 bucks says lebron doesnt join the rockets.

Take me up on it.

9. jsilencio

jsilencio Member

You're exactly the kind of person he doesn't need to try to please.

10. aroundtheblock2

I'd be shocked if he made it back to the finals with the current Cavs team.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  11. underrated015

underrated015 Member

I know right. Windhorst needs to loose some weight and stop hating on Houston. Who gives a f what lebrons family thinks? They live in freaking Akron Ohio. If he doesn’t want to be here, then bye. Wish we beat the snot out of any team he plays next year. We won 65 games last year. We will be just fine.

12. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

He has to make leaving cleveland a viable threat to leverage a trade

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't think he's coming here either.

Cash Cam likes this.
  14. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Windhorst has literally been saying this exact same thing for months. He did a podcast on ESPN in early May saying he would rule out Houston, and he had this 10 days ago:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...money-if-you-bet-on-lebron-to-rockets.291698/

A) It's pretty clearly his opinion
    B) If it is sourced, which I doubt, it's based on info that apparently he's had access to for months but literally no one else does. I have a hard time envisioning this scenario, because he hasn't been a major newsbreaker in past LeBron FAs at all, but who knows.

#54 The Cat, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

You are just a hater! Do you hate Houston as well?

;):rolleyes:

BigMaloe and Tfor3 like this.
  16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

What the hey??? E i g h t consecutive Finals, 9 overall and YOU think LBJ's legacy remains unsettled? Robert Horry HoFer, right? What a great legacy - - contribute on a tertiary and less rate to SuperStars and have a cemented legacy?

I call BS on anyone who minimizes what that man has accomplished on basketball courts in Cleveland and Miami.

Oh, and the NFL's QB GOAT has 3 defeats in 8 SBs. Eight Super Bowls.

jsilencio likes this.
  17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Some of y'all are doing some serious mental gymnastics

Barring a miracle, LeBron is not coming. Virtually every source agrees on that. No need to jump through hoops.

18. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

GOALS

19. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Lebron is coming to Houston.

When are people going to realize this?

Smh.

sammy and Tfor3 like this.
  20. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The NBA sources that have actually broken news on any sort of consistent basis have not really agreed on that. Woj, Stein, Shams, Aldridge, Amick, etc. have all been fairly open-minded to all possibilities, Houston included.

The vast majority of sources speaking in any kind of definitive terms are either A) notorious for seeking clicks, or B) speculating on a podcast, only to have their speculation pulled wildly out of context via aggregation.

If I had to bet, I don't think LeBron comes to Houston. However, the "sources" citations this month are way out of control. There hasn't been much legitimate news, period, but the "CLICK ME!" sites are driving conversation in the absence of that.