1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Windhorst: I don't think Lebron is considering Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

This guy is a Cleveland homer like Marc Stein is with Dallas. If he says Houston is a non-factor then it's because someone in the Cavs organization told him so or it's just wishful thinking.

2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

LeBron isn’t stupid. He knows he’s likely not winning another championship in Cleveland, and the Lakers would have to get Kawhi to have a team capable of challenging Golden State this year or next. He’s playing to catch Jordan as the GOAT, and neither of those teams right now put him in position to accomplish that goal.

Also, nothing is stopping Savannah and the kids from living in Los Angeles or Cleveland while LeBron plays elsewhere.

Sorry, but color me skeptical that LeBron James of all players would place his family above his clear goal of catching Jordan as the greatest of all time. His family understands what is at stake for him, legacy wise.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm not making excuses, nor am pushing the narrative. I have absolutely ZERO idea what Lebron will do. I obviously want him to pick the Rockets and I think it is his best pick for winning a championship.

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

all these "lebron doesn't like houston, his family doesn't like houston" leads me to believe that these are leaks are coming from folks that are scared lebron will go to houston.

5. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed 100%. I want him to pick the Rockets but it is pretty clear that the Lakers and Cavs are in the drivers seat from ALL legit media reports.

6. lionaire

lionaire Member

This is why MJ is still the GOAT

chievous minniefield and Marteen like this.
  7. likestohypeguy

Could be, but I don’t trust anything Windhorst says. I crunched the numbers in the LeBron Trakker, this yielded no net effect.

What I do in these situations, where I’ve said what I wanted to say and don’t care for any more back and forth In a given thread, is stop replying myself, to that topic/poster.

Easier to control our end of it, to stop the conversation, than to try and control how much others reply to ours...

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Windhorst is definitely considering Popeyes.

9. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

None of these reporters know anything. ESPN and similar media outlets have mastered the art of spinning opinions as real news.

ghettocheeze, CometsWin, adw and 2 others like this.
  10. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

If you listen, he says “I think ...” a lot. It’s his opinion. LeBron isn’t talking. Take it way a grain of salt.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I don’t believe you

BigM likes this.
  12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

thats what I like about CP3. He decided for his family where he wanted to be. Lebron lets his family decide (who thought its fine to let teenagers decide where you wanna live)

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

More importantly, **** the media for talking **** about our awesome city. Nobody defends Houston whenever one of these reports comes out, and it's bullshit. Compared to Cleveland, Houston is ****ing paradise. Our city needs to stop getting dragged in the mud just because LeBron's wife and kids would rather hang out on Rodeo Dr.

14. jsilencio

jsilencio Member

Why is it hard for you all to believe a guy would take his family's comfort into consideration? His legacy is cemented as a top 2 player. In fact, he has nothing to gain (and a lot to lose) by chasing championships.

There are essentially two camps when it comes to Lebron. The first already thinks he's neck and neck with MJ, and he's just had bad luck having to face multiple dynasties in the finals. The second camp thinks that, in order for him to be considered in the MJ conversation, he needs a few more titles. However, if he leaves Cleveland for a place like Houston, these same people will say, "well, yeah, but he had to go form a super team to get his titles. So they don't really count."

Lebron doesn't want to get caught up trying to please his critics. He's going to make the best choice for his family, as well he should. If that happens to be Houston, great. If not, leave him alone and let him do his thing.

Elephant810 likes this.
  15. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Don't listen to your wife LeBron. We will find a new one when you move to Houston.

jboslett likes this.
  16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I wouldn't bet on Lebron coming here, but I wouldn't take this guy's word for anything either. All he's doing is making the rounds and trying his best to **** on Houston as an option in the hope that his career remains relevant. Nothing to see here.

DonKnock and seeingred like this.
  17. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

LeBron will never like the Rockets to the media when compared to LA. It's a waste of time to listen to the media when they talk about the Rockets. The best thing Houston could do to shut up the media is trade Ryan Anderson.

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

If this is true (I am not convinced; too many people with agendas), dump the wife. Lol

My wife would do anything for me to realize my dreams.

jboslett and bilaal14 like this.
  19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They said it would be a long shot fellas.

Why are people shocked?

Bobsputin and J.R. like this.
  20. macan

macan Member

so lebrick is not in a championship mode anymore? bye felicia