1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Win total over/under for Rockets: 23.5

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have us making the play-in

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

3. PWR

PWR Member

[​IMG]

REEKO_HTOWN and clos4life like this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

There is only a few more games. Next season please be better haha

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Clearly this should have been 18.5 Over or Under.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

5 left to go. Can they even reach 20 wins

clos4life likes this.
  7. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think they get to exactly 20 games.

It will be interesting to look at the team at the end of the year and see what it was that got us to the same record as last year. We lost our best player in Wood, so that was a hole we had to dig out of. 8 more minutes per game of Sengun at a more efficient clip was good for filling the hole some. Same for more minutes from KJM. An improved KPJ was another positive. Tari Eason was also an overall positive.

The biggest drags on the team were that Jabari may have been even worse as a rookie than Jalen was. And to add insult to injury, Jalen was only marginally better than he was as a rookie, if at all.

The other big factors are that Silas and the lack of a real PG has this team completely rudderless and significant improvement is going to be difficult without addressing those areas.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Ouch. Condolences, @CXbby.f

The number of people here who simply didn't get the extent of the tank/rebuild plan boggles my mind. Especially once Victor entered the picture, and Stone/Fertitta were faced with the option of attempting to win maybe 25 games with this roster vs tanking a third year and getting one more high pick. Anyone who doubted that should have been convinced when Stone sat on his hands at the trade deadline and did nothing to improve the current roster.

#88 topfive, Mar 30, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
  9. CXbby

CXbby Member

Delete this thread. Sigh, thanks.

The thing is winning 25 games nets you the same exact odds at Wemby as winning 0 games due to the new lotto curve, the bottom three have the same odds and 4th is only 1.5% behind.

I figured improvements in Green, Sengun, kpj and adding plus rookies like Jabari and tari due to their defense(like Mobley and Barnes) would make up for the loss of Wood and half a year of Tate. Also they brought on defensive minded assistant coaches so I figured the idea wasn't to be as bad as possible.

Sengun has lived up to my expectations, and as much as kpj gets maligned he has improved as well(injured though). Where I was wrong was Green not taking as big a leap, and horrifically wrong on Jabari. I'm glad Jabari has started to turn it around finally this month, but as a whole for the year he was horrible and as much of a drag on the team as Green was last year. Lastly I was wrong about the coaching staff not trying to be as bad as possible, whether intentional or just due to incompetence(I think the latter), they spent much of the first half of the year trying to malign their best player, only until their second best player got hurt which forced their hands. With that said, with the season already lost, at this point some of the lineups they are using is probably for tanking. Like last night in a close game you have lineups without jalen, kpj or sengun in for long stretches.

The worst part is, now that we are seeing some glimpses from Jabari now I want to bet on the over for next year too. Smh

#89 CXbby, Mar 30, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'd bet on 30+ for next year. Maybe even 35, depending on the coaching situation.

Corrosion and Rocket River like this.
  11. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

The team has not done a horrible job of drafting, Jalen was high on a lot of people's draft boards, he did improve this year a bit in that he was more consistent throughout the year, vs being awful to start and getting better. I hope to see more consistency next year from him and Jabari. I think taking Sengun where we did, and considering where people have him in a redraft, if you look at the selections of Jalen, Jabari, and Sengun together, we did a good job. Having guys be relatively healthy is important too, Cade seems OK, but i rather have a guy who played a full year.

I think the Harden rumors were published because he may be waiting to see who we land in the draft. A top 2 pick, Harden, and some other solid Vets, and massive coaching improvement keeps me optimistic for next year. It may do Jabari and Jalen some good taking some pressure off of them, they may just be some guys who need some more time to develop into solid NBA players, to surround a star which we trade for , sign, or draft this summer. We did not miss out on a generational talent by drafting the wrong guy.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Fun thread to read through again. Thanks.

13. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

This season might not have been our season, but next season?

CHAMPIONSHIP

(or 30 wins, idk)

groovemachine likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It was a messy season no doubt, the tank direction was clear, Silas has been beyond awful in his decisions.

Overall it was still entertaining, meant the whole mess, majority of the games weren't.

Head honcho, joking at 60 year old Jordan, Silas' redundant post game interviews. Wall....

We don't have to deal with Ego and Wall no more, that is a minor plus for me.

Roomba likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

My betting experience mostly tells me to bet on those teams that are not close to your heart.

It's a ton easier.

topfive likes this.
  16. NewAge

NewAge Member

I remember Bill Simmon's in his forecast took the OVER, because Jalen Green had said he wanted to be selected as an All-Start, so presumably he would be trying harder.

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Right here folks. Jalen Green didn't try harder and that's why the Rockets missed the playoffs.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Looking back to the beginning of this thread is hilarious :p

PWR, topfive and Ubiquitin like this.
  19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Delete

#99 REEKO_HTOWN, Mar 31, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
  20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member