1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Williams vs. Martinez 2.....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by King1, Nov 20, 2010.

Tags:
  1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

First fight was a FOTY candidate and I think this one will be a war as well. I'm going with PWill.

Who are you guys taking?

2. JJ

JJ Member

Martinez should have won the first fight. But if Williams can win tonight, it could bring pressure to have him fight Manny. But that may not happen if Manny decides to lean towards his politics. I think Williams takes it tonight.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Manny will not fight him...

Paul Williams=Most avoided man on the planet...

4. King1

It was very close. I think I remeber scoring it even. A score of Williams by a round, Martinez by a round or a draw are all reasonable scorecards.

Manny will never fight Williams. I could see Martinez possibly but not PWill

5. King1

Agreed

6. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

He's 6'2 right? Why would Manny fight him especially since it was tough with a longer and taller Margarito. It would be a good fight to watch.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I wish manny or floyd would fight him. They should realize the shot other guys gave them. I think it would be very difficult for manny just due to pwills style. Is kind of sad as these two might be the best fighters in the world yet they get no hype.

8. King1

He's made 147 before. It shouldn't matter how tall he is as long as he can make the weight class. It was not tough with margarito at all. manny could have stopped him had he wanted to. It's p***y stuff on both Floyd and Manny for not fighting him as long as he makes the contracted weight. Never heard any of this stuff from Duran, Hagler or Hearns. Barrera and Morales gave Manny a shot. JLC took on Floyd.

9. King1

I completely agree. They couldn't even get a few solid paydays in between this rematch because nobody would fight them. margarito got 4 million to fight Manny and didn't deserve a cent of it. I promise Williams or martniez would have taken half of that for the opportunity

10. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Let's enjoy this fight!!!

11. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I scored the first one for Martinez. Dude is quick. I think he will push himself a little harder this time around and pull out the victory. Setting up a possible 3rd match? I figure nobody else wants to fight either of these guys, they might as well fight each other. Win or lose, PWill should retire Mosley in his next fight.

I don't know what Martinez will do after this one, from what I've read he has struggled to make the weight, which might factor in him losing tonight, if he does.

I'm just hoping for a fight as good, or better, than the first one. I'm still calling Marquez-Katsidis FOTY for 2010. Next week!

12. what

what Member

I hope so king. But I know that most rematches are let downs. The fighters change up their strategies and they start boxing more instead of slugging more.

13. what

what Member

This is why fight scoring should be weighted to the later rounds. All rounds should not be equal.

14. what

what Member

Two words: Dimtry Pirog. You see him against Jacobs?

15. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Anyone know of a link to watch it at?

16. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

The Punisher via decision.

17. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

I think Manny would fight him, but I don't think Arum or Roach would want Williams AT ALL. He's never discussed as a possibility, guys like Mosley, Berto, even Bradley/Alexander are much more likely.

I think Williams will win another decision based on work rate.

18. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

check www.atdhe.net, there will probably be a few links up there.

19. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Manny would destroyed this defenseless tooth pick noob.

20. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Thanks man.