1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will there be mass protests / violence post-election day?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Aug 7, 2016.

?

What do you expect to happen if Trump loses?

1. Nothing / peaceful transfer of power

42.0%
  2. Scattering protests

30.7%
  3. Mass protests and/or some incidents of violence

21.6%
  4. Mass riots

3.4%
  5. Revolt

2.3%
  1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

With all of Trump's claims of the election is going to be rigged - what happens after he loses and claims he was cheated? What will his supporters do?

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Will he even have supporters by the time the election rolls around? Serious question.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Mostly yell at the TV with Hannity on, write frustrated posts on reddit and watch p*rn.

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Dumbest thread of the week. And its only Sunday.

What did all those racist Republicans do when Obama was elected? Should I look back and see if you were one of those who thought Obama would be assassinated because a racist wouldn't tolerate a black?

1 person likes this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think no matter what happens there will be a scattering of protests. This election is one of the most negative in recent history and both candidates are viewed negatively even by many who are essentially on their own side ideologically. Those people protested at both conventions and I don't think they are going away.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Put your thinking cap on and read the thread. This is about Trump claiming he is getting cheated.

There has never been a situation where a presidential candidate is claiming the election is rigged. This is new territory. If his supporters feel the election process is rigged will they accept the result?

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-election-rigged-2016-8

8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

There will be riots all over big liberal cities in the United States if Trump wins.

Space Ghost likes this.
  9. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

There were riots in California just for Trump speaking there, now can you imagine what will they do if Trump wins.

10. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pjamIfoVkfY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oEp7UjlerCY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PvsL8FdkMfQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I guess I never considered the possibility of Trump winning because IMO it's not really possible, but I could see violent protests if he did win.

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Even if he lose narrowly, don't think there are enough crazy for any mass protest.

Looking like it's not going to be a close race.

With a landslide, instead of protest, it's going to be depress emotion and staying home.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I expect all of our allies to sigh in relief.

16. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Not going to be close enough.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Nothing unusual will happen after the results are in, except for a party at my house and parties everywhere in the States and overseas celebrating Ms. Clinton's victory, a new Democratic majority in the Senate, and if Democrats don't take the House, a much narrower majority for the GOP. All of which will lead to far more getting done over the next 2 years than we've seen over the last 6. In my humble opinion. Oh, and we'll see numerous Federal court vacancies filled during Clinton's first year in office, including at least 2 seats filled on the Supreme Court. Cause for celebration!

18. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

There could be, but seeing as we dodged bullets in Cleveland and particularly Philadelphia I think we'll be okay. There will be large concentrations of people in certain stations, so unfortunately I'd be worried about some more random-ass mass shootings.

19. cml750

cml750 Member

There will be much worse violent protest if Trump wins.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'll be armed to the teeth. been stocking up ammo since March to avoid the rush of crazy ass people after Trump loses.