1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will someone else start tonight?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Little O, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Little O

Little O Contributing Member

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3469658

This was an interesting tidbit from the chronicle today. It's good to see that he might change the lineup, or at least the rotation, due to the possible tiredness of our older players. I think that we will be seeing more Luther Head tonight due to his age and I wouldn't be surprised to see more of Barry or Wesley tonight.

Hopefully Van Gundy uses this as an excuse to get DA out of the lineup. Right now he serves no purpose. He can't defend and he can't shoot. I would love for Head to start, but wouldn't mind seeing Wesley out there as although he is killing us right now. I prefer him to DA right now.

2. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

actually all these losses could be a good thing

hell it worked last year when we were 6-11

jvg wasn't letting tmac has free reign on the team and we struggled out of the game for nearly 20 games.

we finally get a ****ty enough record to where jvg's stubborness has to take a backseat to potentially getting fired.

something's gotta change with the current coaching scheme, barring a trade, so maybe the little things like starting head or swift will do it.

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i agree, up until the last sentence. i don't doubt JVG's system or coaching ability anymore. how we played after that 6-11 start really impressed me. once JVG gets the right players for his system it works. the problem now is, we are missing one or two important pieces. one of those has to be a perimeter defender who can stop penetration, and a consistant 3pt shooter.

last year we had the same problem and thats why we brought in wesley (perimeter defense) and barry (shooting). however this year wesley seems to have lost his defensive ability due to his operation.

4. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

This statement by JVG indicates that he doesnt have a clue.

5. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

JVG needs to shake up the starting line-up. Our first quarters are consistantly horrible then we spend the rest of the game crawling out of the whole we've dug.

6. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

I think it's safe to say Derek Anderson won't be starting tonight.

7. rocketsmetalspd

I agree Jeff does not have a clue. This team is supposed be his chosen players but I believe he has made mistake with his selections. I also believe that T-Mac should sit out some games and really heal himself instead of further injuring himself. I am losing faith in the Rockets and I hate it!!! :mad:

8. TMac640

or anywhere near the arena

9. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

This should be the lineup today

C-Yao Ming
    PF-Stro Swift
    SF-Ryan Bowen
    SG-T-Mac
    PG-Luther Head

Pistons offense is very good so we need Bowen out there.

10. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Better yet why not try.

C - Yao Ming
    PF - Dikembe Mutombo
    SF - Juwan Howard
    SG - T-Mac
    PG - Rafer "I can't throw it in the ocean" Alston

:p

theSAGE

11. TMac640

PG - Head
    SG - TMAC
    SF - Swift
    PF - Mutombo
    C - Yao Mizzy

at any rate we can't do this bull**** with alston, anderson, tmac, howard , and yao again

anyone not named mcgrady and ming should not be guarenteed to start tonight.

12. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Agreed.

I'd rather have a MISMATCH than be OUTMATCHED

And yet that's how I feel about the current starting lineup.

Short on rebounding? I seriously would try starting Mutombo to set a tone.
    Short on FG% from our guards? I seriously would move T-Mac to SG.
    Short on Aggressiveness? I seriously would play Juwon more. He's the only dude who seems to show a sliver of spunk.

Let's face it. The AA combo of Alston and Anderson just ain't getting it done!!!!

:mad:

theSAGE

13. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Hear, Hear!

14. YallMean

YallMean Member

Is it me thinking Deke got 10 year older just in one year. He is considerably slower than last year. No way he should be starting. Swift is not in the system, so he cant be starting. Head is still a rookie, starting is not good for his growth. Ryano only starts if Tmac sits. Me thinking starting Wesley might not be such a bad idea given DA is "confused" right now.

Our roster sucks right now for sure.

15. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

I'd like to see Swift in there because I think Rasheed will eat Juwon alive.

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

You dont think Sheed will eat Swift alive? LeFranz buried us, Horry made both of our 4s his biathes. 4 is not contributing. In my book, it's as serious as the guard funk.

17. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Matchups for tonight might be best to start out this way:

Yao - Rasheed
    Baxter - Big Ben (Baxter can bang with him a little bit, Juwon can't and Stromile can't. Ben eats them up in the paint.)
    TMac - Prince(length vs. length)
    Head - RIP (Head is the only player that can come close to keeping up with all the running RIP does and fighting through the screens.)

DW - Chauncey (DW has the strength to slow Chauncey down a little bit on that little back down post up play he likes so much. Chauncey is way too strong for Rafer.)

Stromile - McDyess

You may have to substitute Swift for Baxter if Rasheed takes it out on the floor at the high post. Let Yao switch off on Ben and let Swift try to keep up with Rasheed on the perimeter.

I would bet Bowen sees a few minutes trying to stay with RIP.

We need to hope and pray that Detroit is off tonight because none of the matchups look appealing for us except maybe TMac's and even then skeleton man always seems to play him well. Our backcourt does not look good going in against them.

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

why try so hard to match up against a team that we can not beat? Let's not frustrate for the sake of frustrating. We play for the season not just a game.

19. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

I'm terribly disappointed with the lack of patience and the impusive thought processes of this board considering the notoriously slow starts houston organizations have begun with in recent years only to end up blowing everyone's mind. no faith...we're only 3-5 chill out. this starting lineup didn't have tmac for 3 games. so that's 5 games TOTAL that they have played together. 5. in those games, we're 3-2. go figure. :rolleyes: