1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Sexier Uniforms Save Women Soccer?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by kryten128, Jan 16, 2004.

1. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

ill be watching women soccer from now thank u very much

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

They should all wear hot pants or sing about them...

[​IMG]

or not.

3. kryten128

kryten128 Member

Ah, I had a feeling I'd get a female opinion before this thread approaches senescence. :)

I think that most female athletes are in pretty decent physical shape, unless they are professional female sumo wrestlers. So I think they won't feel too self-conscious. And I'm not even saying that they should wear anything revealing, just something that accentuates the female form more. If you look at the image of Lauren Jackson's Aussie uniform above, it really doesn't reveal that much more skin that the WNBA uniforms. It just shows off her natural female form more.

About the increasingly baggy NBA uniforms, I believe that this has become a trend due to the current view that the old uniforms (the shorter, tighter shorts) looked "gay", as well as due to the Michigan Fab-5 team that helped popularize the baggy style. I have no problem with the men wearing skin tight uniforms like the one worn by Jackson above, actually, except that the players would probably spend an entire half laughing at each other and calling each other gay names before play is resumed in the 2nd half. :D

[​IMG]

4. ees

ees Member

Not all men athletes who wear tight uniforms have homosexual stigma. Look at any track and field athlete - they wear barely anything other than a spandex "beater" and some tight shorts. And I dare you to call a pro-wrestler gay......

5. kryten128

kryten128 Member

Agreed.

The track and field guys though do it for a necessity, as anything flapping in the air will slow them down aerodynamically. And they also don't have to come into close contacts with their competitors.

I don't consider pro-wrestling a real sport. More of a theatrical. But you're right in that I won't be the one to call one gay. :D

6. ees

ees Member

As a ball player who does come into close contact with competitors, wouldn't you want a more fitted top so that defense can't pull and hold on your jersey??

7. kryten128

kryten128 Member

That's pretty logical to me too, but you gotta ask the NBA, and WNBA, about that one. :confused:

8. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Now, you are probably wondering why that one on the right is circled.

Well, I thought 'she' looked eerily familiar and then I thought hard to myself...

[​IMG]

9. DanzelKun

DanzelKun Contributing Member

Well I'd say they do it intentionally, you want to be held on defense if it gets you the foul call, and then more points on the board. A baggy unioform could even lead to incidental contact, to get you the foul call when the defender wasn't intending to foul.

10. droxford

droxford Member

HERE IT IS!!!!

[​IMG]

-- droxford

11. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

I don't know about sexy, but I'm not against making them "cooler" somehow. I'm not sure what that would be. Tighter's probably the way to go, although I didn't really care for either the volleyball or Australian football/soccer examples.

12. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

:eek:

I would watch Soccer if that was really the Brazilian women's soccer team.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

YOWZA !!! I am a Brazilian Women's team fan now !!

By the way, the guy that made the statement may not have been politically correct, but he was RIGHT !!

DD