1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Rony Seikaly make sense for us

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by timm, Aug 21, 2001.

1. timm

timm Member

Just read that Rony is available and looking for NBA opportunity. He is probably good if he can give us 9 and 6 which is about half of what he did for Orlando.

Here's the link...http://quote.bloomberg.com/fgcgi.cgi?T=life99_topsport2.ht&s=AO4FeiRUoRm9ybWVy

HE would probably come cheap. Not many teams can sign a free agent besides the MCE. We can anyway sign Moochie over the Cap with Bird/Early Bird.

Issue is he wants to play for a playoff contender.....(so no Bulls!! and Detroit the only other teams with some cap flex )...and we are a contender already!!! at least on this forum

2. treeman

treeman Member

I'm listening...

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Since we have blown the cap for the next few years with Rice. I think he would be a decent addition assuming he is healthy. I always thought he was a smart player and bring some experience to the position. Lets face it, anything is an upgrade on Cato sitting on the bench.

4. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

I really liked Rony Seikley back in the day, and I think he'd be a solid addition.

I still remember that one televised game where he really took it to Hakeem and kicked our asses.

5. outlaw

outlaw Member

remember how he said he didn't want to go to Utah because it was boring there? i always thought that was funny.

he hasn't played in a long time but if he comes for the veteran's minimum, i'd give him a trial run.

at least he's played with Rice before in Miami so they know each other.

6. rockbox

And he has a fine ass wife. I wouldn't mind seeing Elsa Benitez in the stands during home games. That would be worth the veteran's minimum by itself. :D :cool:

7. rockbox

8. treeman

treeman Member

Daamn... Who's she married to? :D

Sign him UP! :p

9. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Wow! Can we just sign her up?

;)

Good post timm. He had money before he came into the league, so I'm sure he'd think about it seriously.

10. TroyBaros

TroyBaros "Special" Friend of Steve Francis

Thats Ronys wifey! Damn what a lucky guy hell who needs to play ball when you can play with that at home every damn night and do not have to worry at all injuring yourself hahah err uhh well if your not careful and shes a freak and they tie each other up and oh oops wrong forum HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:)

11. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

I believe that she was last winter's SI Swimsuit Issue cover girl.

12. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Timm,

Nice scoop...if Rony is healthy and in shape this could definitely be an upgrade to our bench. Wife would upgrade our fan quality also :)

13. treeman

treeman Member

Any man that can get that has to be able to rebound. Don't ask me how I came to that conclusion, I just know...

14. enbehay

enbehay Member

I'm curious about their stats: Height, weight, age, etc. (the usual measurements). Who's the board statistician?

15. Rocket Addict

Rocket Addict Contributing Member

Seikaly would be a good pickup if he is willing to play for the veteran's minimum. My question is can we even afford to pay him that?

After the Rice deal, do we have any cap space left? Any exceptions? :confused:

16. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

From the article, It looks like-

1) Ron and Rice were at Miami at the same time. Maybe a little chemistry between them.

2) R & R will both have something to prove. (just coming off a foot injury)

If he is in shape, I say bring him and his wife in for 2 tryouts. Ron with the Rockets and Elsa with me.:cool: :cool: :cool:

17. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

If we can get him great. Sign him up. He would be a upgrade from Cato and Elsa is extremely hot.

18. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

Sign him up...I would walk barefoot from NJ to Houston just to watch her sh*t rosepedals...WOW!!!

If he is in decent shape, he can't be much worse than what we have...hell, he may even be better!!!

19. Thanos

Thanos Member

Since she's getting as much attention or even more than Seikaly himself I thought I would share this link...

http://www.atpictures.com/elsa/index.shtml

Seikaly has tried to come back before. If he has really recovered, he definetely fits our team like a glove... I'm not sure he's intersted though. We are not exactly seen as a playoff lock around the league.

20. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

The SI cover girl was the wife of Vlade Divac if I am not mistaken. Can anyone confirm this?