1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Morey dangle himself in front of elite FAs to attract them?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 6, 2010.

1. hjg877

hjg877 Member

UTAllTheWay: We've got another one.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

As it turned out, Wade Bosh and James opted to play with each other and for Riley (whose front office work, frankly, have been hit and miss), but with the 3 of them, front office won't matter as much.

Meanwhile, I wonder whether Melo is now attracted to a dangling Morey.

3. Nero

Nero Member

Or the dangling Morey's Eel .... ;)

4. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

Daryl Dangle. The new and improved DD.

5. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

You've got to be kidding right? This guy cant get anyone here unless they are from Sacramento or he drafts them. I cant believe the idolatry this guy receives for no results yet. :rolleyes:

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

One thing Daryl Morey has done that no other GM has ever done... He got T-Mac past the 1st round! The genius made it happen without even putting him on the court!

7. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Seriously?

This is a Non-Hate-Morey-Zone.

8. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

He traded the corpse of McGrady for Jordan Hill, Kevin Martin and 2 first round picks. He nabbed Scola from San Antonio. He found 2nd round gems like Aaron Brooks (a speedy scorer who shoots 40% from beyond the arc while taking more 3 pointers than anyone in the league), Carl Landry and Chase Budinger. Acclaimed around the league as one of the Top GMs. You're a fool. :rolleyes:

9. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

Misleading statements are misleading.

10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

If you're a player I would hope they would pay attention. Morey is a guy that will collect winning players.

I'm also wondering, say Melo for instance, why go to the East and have to contend with Miami? Few things working in our favor, Morey, strong team, no state income tax and china. Biased or not those things should be attractive to any player.

thetatomatis, are you kidding? Morey has this team in position to acquire star talent. You can't point a gun to their heads and make them come here. It will happen, it's just a matter of when.

11. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Really? Am I wrong?? Or do you want to help out your friend in hating on DMorey?

12. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

Yes, you're wrong. No, I don't want to help my friend hate on Morey. I love Morey.

13. clos4life

clos4life Member

I assume he means he also had to include Carl Landry in that deal to make it happen. He still made out like a bandit though, so I don't know his point.

1 person likes this.
  14. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

How was I wrong? Everyone knows Morey stole Martin and picks. We were among the winners of the trade deadline.

15. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Yea I know we had to trade Landry.. But my point was we basically dumped Tmac for Martin and picks.

16. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

What this guy said. My point is if Landry weren't involved in that trade, I'd be on my knees giving Eddie a hand with Morey.. :grin:

17. skattles08

skattles08 Member

Then say that. Cute little statements are only clever if they're accurate and in all reality we love carl landry but he's an undersized back up that shouldn't have been enough to get a player of martin's caliber. The point was that the trade was pretty one sided and I'm sure you'd admit it was.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

HAHA Dangle! Didn't read btw!

19. skattles08

skattles08 Member

Not much of a contribution but I like where your head is at.

Oh wait now I'm not contributing! Noooooo

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

If your only 'results' are rings then you're going to spend a lot of time disappointed.

A lot of people celebrate progress. Do you see progress between the 2006 and 2010 rosters? If not, beat your head against your desk and try again. Repeat as necessary.