1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Morey dangle himself in front of elite FAs to attract them?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 6, 2010.

1. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

It's gonna be one heckava offseason, that's all I know! Morey has shown in the past that he aint afraid of pulling off either small risk deals such as Lowry into big rewards and also high risk deals such as Martin for high rewards. In the end, Morey is gonna walk away from the 2010 offseason as a BIG winner. With management willing to take on salary and build a team with, not around Yao, we will become the instant favorites in the West. He will go after Bosh or Amare and will get what he wants.

2. pacmania

pacmania Member

Morey should dangle himself in front of the other free agents with the song " careless whispers" playing in the background. " im never gonna dance again, guilty feet have got no rythm."

3. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Bosh is okay. But he's similar to Yao Ming. Both are good big men but don't have what it takes to lead a team to a championship.

IF WE have a shot at Lebron, go for it. He's the second best player in the league behind Kobe but Durant is closing on him fast.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The chance at getting Lee is even smaller...nearly non-existant.

The Knicks have to let Lee walk in order to have the cap space to go after 2 FAs. So all that dealing and moving they have done for that very moment would be washed down the drain.

The only way is if one of the FAs they plan to get says "Yeah, i'd love to play Lee." Then they resign Lee and sign this FA...but then why would they trade Lee.

Another way is if we give them a player like Brooks for Lee and then they can try to attract a FA with Brooks.

But the whole point for the Knicks was 2 FAs. Two Max guys like Bosh and Lebron, why would they throw that all away just to give us Lee in a SnT?

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

Haha. Ahahahaha.

1 person likes this.
  6. OremLK

OremLK Member

Also, we're not getting LeBron, so best get over it now.

7. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

How long is Morey under contract for anyways???

8. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

5 star thread on the title alone!

Just hope Morey's self dangling doesn't result in a criminal complaint.

;)

9. da_juice

da_juice Member

For years i thought daryl was crazy. Like when we needed a power forward desperately and instead he drafts aaron brooks. I still don't know how he pulled off the artest trade

10. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Morey should go for guys like Rudy Gay and Greg Oden because they are young with loads of potential no need for bosh, Scola can handle it.
    :)

11. SunsRocketsfan

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Greg Oden dont be jealous

12. battousai

battousai Member

I am hoping this is something Morey can use. We saw what happened last summer when Morey flew over to the FA's house, but we still end up didn't get him due to money.

If Top FAs are going to force S&N instead of signing as FA, then Knicks are screwed BIG BIG time. (which we will get high high picks)

Lebron- i think he will stay with cavs same with Wade.
    Bosh - will leave

13. blacktopKING

blacktopKING Member

I think one major factor is the Chinese influence that Yao brings to Houston. Any big name FA would certainly consider the $$$ that can be made just by having the Chinese media all over in Houston.

14. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

15. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Is there video up of the conference?

Nice SunsRocketsfan... :)

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

I think a trade and/or MLE signing for a lesser piece is much more likely than a big FA signing at this point. Morey has mentioned again and again that although he thinks it's possible, it's a "long shot" at these superstar guys.

Bass, Gortat, Miller (either one), Ginobli, Camby, etc. All of these guys seem like more likely moves. Could be something like two separate deals, for instances packaging Budinger and Hill to get Bass or Gortat, then signing Ginobli or Mike Miller with the MLE to take Bud's spot on the bench.

17. IngiGo-

IngiGo- Member

Lol.... as much as i love houston, but ny is much bigger market than houston... that is why many basketball players wants to play in NY lol...

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well honestly I don't think DM is the kind of guy to "dangle himself" so to speak. One thing I've learned from hearing him talk is that he seems to prefer being low-key and isn't as starved for attention as his other counterparts (*cough*Pritchard*cough*). IMHO management in general isn't as important to players as people think-most of these guys are overflowing with self-confidence and probably believe they can beat the best teams with just very little support. Also, while a good GM would be better for fans and the owner that's not necessarily true with players, playing for a team with a good GM can be hard-you'd always end up either underpaid or paid at your exact market value, and you or your friends on the team may end up traded for draftpicks and a younger, better player. Most of these guys are below 25, they can affort to go for the money now, and then go for the ring later.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

There really is no proof to this.

NYC is a bigger market, but their teams suck. Flat out suck.

Do these guys really want to go through the trouble of losing again just for a spotlight on a sucky team? When these guys already get the same recognition for playing in Cleveland and Miami...

Any ways these guys will decide by three factors.

1.) How much are you going to pay me?
    2.) Can I actually win there?
    3.) What is my role going to be?

This whole "Does he like this city or not..." thing is being overrated by the media. Also how loyal a player is to a team has a factor in whether they stay or leave.

People seem to forget that just because you play for a certain team, DOES NOT mean you have to live in the city of that team...

1 person likes this.
  20. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

nah. theyre gonna remember the tmac fiasco.

why would you wanna listen to a GM who tries to trade his team's star player behind his back. and then not support him while coming back from microfracture surgery. im sure dwade wouldnt want to come here if he decides to leave miami especially since he has the same trainer in Tim Grover as tmac.

Most likely would be Bosh, but i seriously think he'd likely go to a team with a star wing player. if i were the lakers, id do a SnT for Bosh. Give the raptors Gasol and Artest if they want. that's more than what the rockets can give toronto.